Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

Oh man, all the poor silks lost to ultra low skill tailors having to make swatches/threads in order to stack 'em. The shit (and I do mean shit, lol, suppressing bad memories since 1999!!) you don't recall until somebody has to go and remind you about it.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:22 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barahir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why didn't you list the rangers that were everywhere?
I never claimed there were rangers everywhere, you may be confusing me with OP. I was initially replying to Sirken's comment that there were more leveling tanks than OP was aware of due to him not seeing anon tanks. I just called Sirken out on that, because why the fuck would a leveling tank go anon unless he is in a permanent group or getting PLed?

I'm not surprised there are few plate tanks, considering pallies and SKs will slow the group's XP if it already has a tank, untwinked warriors have aggro issues, and monks can tank well enough for most purposes anyway. It's just not a very plate tank friendly leveling environment.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttermilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
xp penalty too high on hybrids.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait to you get to KC.
Dude, you knew exactly the zone that I had in mind for my opinions. Hehe. It scars a man.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elerion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never claimed there were rangers everywhere, you may be confusing me with OP. I was initially replying to Sirken's comment that there were more leveling tanks than OP was aware of due to him not seeing anon tanks. I just called Sirken out on that, because why the fuck would a leveling tank go anon unless he is in a permanent group or getting PLed?

I'm not surprised there are few plate tanks, considering pallies and SKs will slow the group's XP if it already has a tank, untwinked warriors have aggro issues, and monks can tank well enough for most purposes anyway. It's just not a very plate tank friendly leveling environment.
I did get you confused with the OP, my main take away from this is still that there are rangers everywhere.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:34 PM
Banned

Never had a problem tanking in any exp group on my iksar monk with fungi, Seb, Solb, Chardok etc all just fine with a cleric, even a lazy one at that. Between mend and stonestance you can make due. As for tanks, It is probably what someone said a page back about ignoring the hybrid plate classes because of the penalties. Paladins and shadowknights are great for groups, SK can take instant aggro off anyone. Paladins can stun root heal and basically cheal(loh) every so often.

Obviously the red servers exp bonus is higher then blue, But that doesn't mean we level super fast, it still takes a lot of time and effort. The thing about the red server, We don't discriminate on hybrids. Sit around for 3-4 hours looking for a warrior getting no exp while that SK/Paladin looks for group. I don't play on blue, But when I log in my friends enchanter to chat up friends occasionally I constantly get messages for every 50+ zone in the game.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

Honestly, I've had many monks be my group's tank almost as often as a plate wearing class. Seems to work fine.

I still don't think there are as many warriors as one would imagine, but I think that comes down to the class being so 'vanilla' i.e. few abilities.

I do think that people are a bit too choosy when it comes to searching out classes for groups. You simply don't need a 'plate tank, cleric and enchanter' in every group yet tons of people think all 3 of those classes are necessary for a group to function at all. People really underestimate how effective 'non-standard' group compositions can really be.
Closed Thread