Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordenwatch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if a monk turns in the pearl and FDs for 20 minutes, the mob is FFA? Not making progress on the mob and not kiting it around or stall tanking.

Or would you still have 20 minutes?
In that case the monk (nor his party) have not engaged the human Zordrak in 20 minutes and he is FFA. The pearl turn-in gives you twenty minutes to engage for 1 attempt. If time expires or you wipe, its FFA.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so, it is 40 mins to engage the raid target then.

that's kinda silly.
Not really its 20 Minutes, as the human form is also considered a target.

When you kill the human form then the Dragon spawns its a totally different NPC so you have 20 mins after you spawn the dragon to engage him.

makes sense to me, if you turned in the pearl and it DIRECTLY spawned the dragon then you would have 20 mins total.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In that case the monk (nor his party) have not engaged the human Zordrak in 20 minutes and he is FFA. The pearl turn-in gives you twenty minutes to engage for 1 attempt. If time expires or you wipe, its FFA.
Turn in, FD, 20mins to engage.

19mins 45secs, engage and kill, FD.

20mins to engage again.

19mins 45secs, engage the dragon.

little redundant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really its 20 Minutes, as the human form is also considered a target.

When you kill the human form then the Dragon spawns its a totally different NPC so you have 20 mins after you spawn the dragon to engage him.

makes sense to me, if you turned in the pearl and it DIRECTLY spawned the dragon then you would have 20 mins total.
You have claim to the raid target when you first turn in.

Not sure why you need 20 mins to engage a non-raid target before engaging your raid target you claimed with the initial turn in.
Last edited by Autotune; 01-10-2013 at 05:32 PM..
Old 01-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what you're saying is once you hand in and the monk FDs, you still have 20 minutes to engage the mob from the time of turn in.

Thanks, this clears things up.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

i was told by a gm with ss that we had thirty min from time of turn in to down all ragefire forms.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i was told by a gm with ss that we had thirty min from time of turn in to down all ragefire forms.
screenshotting gm decisions or posting logs of what gms say has no relevance as was made clear as mud when Sirken stoutly refused to explain what the fuck first to damage means on a Inny engage.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
falkun has this correct.

20 minutes to engage the human after turn-in, then 20 minutes to engage the dragon after he dies. Engage, not kill.

As long as you are making progress on the mob, and not kiting him around, it's fair game. I've watched people trio this encounter. It takes a while, but it's completely legit.

Edit: On a side note, if you suspect someone of stall kiting, or stall tanking, petition. If you kill their mob, or take matters into your own hands in some other way, you'll be suspended for raid interference. Let us police raid mobs, please.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
falkun has this correct.

20 minutes to engage the human after turn-in, then 20 minutes to engage the dragon after he dies. Engage, not kill.

As long as you are making progress on the mob, and not kiting him around, it's fair game. I've watched people trio this encounter. It takes a while, but it's completely legit.

Edit: On a side note, if you suspect someone of stall kiting, or stall tanking, petition. If you kill their mob, or take matters into your own hands in some other way, you'll be suspended for raid interference. Let us police raid mobs, please.
i'm gonna get in trouble for this but here go.this is what the problem is on this server the gm's have no idea what the other gm's are telling ppl .. i had ambrotos kick us out of solb after 30 min an was told that 30 min is all you get from turn in to kill...i have also 3 man rage fire an it didn't take 40 min to do it...i understand that the gm's are busy dealing with trains an camp disagreements or raid drama (which happens a lot)...but i would think that at lest you guys talk to each other before hand (but guess not)...another problem i see is the gm's getting muddy in rnf lately..i have seen not only sirken but ephi get down in dirty in rnf (not a way to act if your a person in power)...again this is just my opinion could be wrong .. use a favorite quote of mine can't we all just get along..
Old 01-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Kobold

Let's be honest, no one has yet taken 40 minutes (that I have ever seen) or truly intends to.

This just clarifies that indeed if you spawn the human ragefire, you have 20 mintues to finish assembling and preparing your raid force. This should clear up all of the recent confrontations at ragefire that I have seen where two forces are trying to be the first to turn in their pearl, and the other force is applying pressure to kill the human spawn immediately in hopes that they wipe.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:39 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'm gonna get in trouble for this but here go.this is what the problem is on this server the gm's have no idea what the other gm's are telling ppl .. i had ambrotos kick us out of solb after 30 min an was told that 30 min is all you get from turn in to kill...i have also 3 man rage fire an it didn't take 40 min to do it...i understand that the gm's are busy dealing with trains an camp disagreements or raid drama (which happens a lot)...but i would think that at lest you guys talk to each other before hand (but guess not)...another problem i see is the gm's getting muddy in rnf lately..i have seen not only sirken but ephi get down in dirty in rnf (not a way to act if your a person in power)...again this is just my opinion could be wrong .. use a favorite quote of mine can't we all just get along..
Not sure what you mean by getting down and dirty in RNF, but I have replied there. I'd be interested in what your idea of dirty is. PM me some links of posts you think I should have avoided.

Look guys, the big picture here is: be civil to each other. I know that's a lot easier said than done, but let's try not to run over each other for Ragefires, screw needing people out of epics, and be general loot whores or time masters. If someone turns in a pearl, just give them some time.

If you have an issue, petition. We'll look into it. I've handled a few of these, and they do generally get dealt with.

Just be civil.
Closed Thread