Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 03:45 PM
Banned

You know who sold the Russians the atomic bomb secret?

I have the patch notes on that one, Heartbrand.

Thou shalt not defile classic EverQuest.
Last edited by Nirgon; 01-11-2013 at 03:49 PM..
Old 01-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're talking about nerfing the tstaff because you're not a monk.

The cat is out of the bag and has strewn the contents of his little box all across the floor.

Enjoy those double wurmies while they last! Kanras/Nilbog aren't too far off from one more chest bump with the classic gods on this one.
T-Staff's greatly favor my guild, as we have almost all of them and far more monks. This actually hurts my guild.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

This should not be nerfed. Alot of up and coming monks should get to chance to own face in pvp. This is like the mage swords and other things nerfed after one group of players abused the shit out of them. Someone doesnt want anyone else having a strategic advantage. Do not nerf.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
T-Staff's greatly favor my guild, as we have almost all of them and far more monks. This actually hurts my guild.
You can't make any sense to folks on these forums. Hopefully nilbog notices this thread and has more sense than they do.

Once we are rolling around with 6 t-staff monks in pvp, you know this thread will get bumped on a daily basis with the outrage. I just hope it doesn't hurt the server and cause the mass rage quitting that losing to Nihilum has caused in the past.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

something tells me there are other reasons for this thread. why would you handicap yourself if this gives you the advantage? do not nerf, not classic. 4 of us leveling monks atm and are waiting for more t staffs to flow down.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

Smedy also trolling r99 forums because he has nothing invested here, doesn't even play, and couldn't care less about the negative impact bugs and imbalances.

Heres a quote from him from another EQ PvP emu where he had the exact opposite opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy
Much respect coming out as a monk with t-staff mentioning that it's very overpowered. I couldn't agree more and i did notice the effect (spin) lasted longer then it did on live.

If you think this damage is good just wait till a monk picks up the "ton po" staff with 44/40 damage/dly with the same proc as t-staff, it will not be a fun sight.

I wouldn't wanna nerf the monks best friend but seriously reconsider the "spin" effect to last for the whole duration, like buh said, make it root people like on live, but the spin effect only lasted about 2-3 seconds.
Also, the proc is supposed to be a random duration in pvp, not a set 12 seconds every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zam circa 2002
Perhaps this will help
#Nov 29 2002 at 12:04 AMRating: Default
Shakuden

54 posts
First off, as long as the skelly warlord pops at second bridge you don't have to kill his other PH's, so long as no one is killing his other PH's, so he'll spawn only at the second bridge IF he does spawn. Second, the staff doesn't show in his hand, nor does he "crush" you with it either. And as for the effect, it's 120 damage out-right, 1-12 second stun, and the stun will last either 1 tick(6 seconds) or 2 ticks(12 seconds), or just insta stun the mob. Also, it is unresistable, period, I've had this thing before and it's never been resisted ever, I used it on Naggy and it never resisted on him. I just looted one today (Turkey Day) and I should know. This has been the happiest Turkey Day ever for me (=
found here http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=572

Also see Searyx comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searyx
People are confusing what the T-Staff proc was on live.

It was 2-10 seconds random duration unresistable stun with a 120 DD. It did work in PvP, although it does seem to last longer more frequently on the emu. It was always really fucking good - it's endgame for Monk. The problem right now is there are too many of them floating around, while other classes are still using shitty weapons/spells.

I'm not saying it isn't OP, but I would considering waiting to see how other classes stack up once they have their killer items/spells. There are lots of Monks with tstaff running around now, but very few sks or warrs with Herbalist Spade / Oggok Cleaver / etc., Shamans with Bane/Malo/Pox, or Wizards with Sunstrike.

Weapons also seem to proc slightly more in general on the emu, which can be drastic when there are weapons like the Flint Dagger for rangers and T-Staff for monks. The Adamantite Club / Baton combo is arguably even more brutal.

This is what I would change:

-Prevent exploiting on warlord spawn, and make it slightly rarer (it was around 2.5% drop rate on live).

-Reduce weapon proc rates slightly for all weapons.

-Look at the One Hundred Blows effect and make sure it's not lasting max duration every time. It's supposed to be random either 2-10 seconds or 2-12 seconds.
found here http://emu.pwned.com/showthread.php?3735-T-staff
Old 01-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
something tells me there are other reasons for this thread. why would you handicap yourself if this gives you the advantage? do not nerf, not classic. 4 of us leveling monks atm and are waiting for more t staffs to flow down.
Because I actually like when people are playing on the server. We've been crushing the competition for a year now, and don't need to give them a reason to quit. 6 t-staff monks in one guild will be the excuse they need to quit playing, whether they know it now or not.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

so tell them not to use t staff. sheez do you guys have any sense of self control? anyhow the nerf is not classic and I would like to experience being a walking stun machine.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

You have no clue what the classic mechanics were, you didn't even play on a pvp server. They were stated above, and found on Zam.

You have nothing useful to add to this thread, just excuse yourself.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

one zam post from 2002.

if that is sufficient evidence around here then i got alot of things i want to see changed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 01-11-2013 at 10:05 PM..
Closed Thread