Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Fire Giant

Default The Official Velious Memories Thread

With the devs hard at work on Velious, let's get some Velious stories, wish lists and excitement flowing. Can only help the population grow even more than it has in recent weeks. Share some memories or things you are looking forward to in the new continent. The beta may not be out for awhile, but this helps satiate the cravings!
Old 07-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

I look forward to the first kromrif death squad victim.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Fire Giant

Lol could you elaborate on that please, Velious is new to me
Old 07-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

I can't wait to re-enact this for real and film it in 1080p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AcAxGE-8ag
Old 07-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Sarnak

I can't wait for some fool to die to woushi
Old 07-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol could you elaborate on that please, Velious is new to me
No dont want to ruin it for you the surprise is 90% of the fun
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Large Rat

Snow Cougars right off the dock...first day...hard to see...sending many folks back to their bind spots back home...
Old 07-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Fire Giant

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6736

I know, as a mage, I'm not the class to use it. Don't give a fuck. Just knowing people will be wearing this sexy graphic shield is enough <3

However, as a mage, Monster Summoning. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Monster Summoning.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Fire Giant

the pretty shiny glittery rivers
Old 07-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Aviak

Oh, the worst experience I can remember was when I was first exploring Thurg on my low 40's dwarf warrior, and while crossing the bridge, of course I hit that duchebag of a developer's idea of ice and slipped to the side, and then to the other side, and of course fell off the side. So there is a zone in to IK so nicely put there as to help poor fallen of the bridge noobs like me right? trying to get out I zoned in, and of course before I realized where I was, a golem and like 10 phoboplasm things skull F*cked me.

So after about 10 people wisely told me to get bent when asking for help in IK for CR, I get a rezzer to come to the ledge where the bridge was, but come to find out, that is the worst place to zone into, as he died also trying to rez me. Being not so smart I followed him into the zone in, and Apparently a golem was at the zone in still ( bugged maybe ) and killed me again and him on the spot. We eventually had to get a necro with coffins to summon us to the other entrance of the zone. All in all this whole process probably took 4-5 hours in the end, and was one of the worst CRs I can remember. I lost alot of exp also due to the timers expiring, and for a while was worried about my gear even. The really really sad part of this whole ordeal, was Instead of just asking a druid or something to port me out, I had to just poke my nose into IK lol.

That wasn't the last time I slid off of that bridge either! But I never was quite so foolish to zone into that side of IK again. Kromriff death squads got me at least a few times too, that run through Eastern wastes was awful. I had some fun times in Kael pulling on my monk, probably the funnest zone of all time for me, and I loved the faction and the armor quests too for monk, since Kunark didn't really have much to look forward to armor wise. ( Not that monks needed cobalt in kunark =D)

Funny thing though, I was telling my GF about this story, and her son was standing there listening. She said something that sort of struck me, and really goes back to why I think Everquest was so much better than most of the MMOs that are in existence. Everquest in many ways emulates being a kid, you touch the stove and burn yourself, you know not to touch the stove again. It burned, it hurt, but it healed and you suddenly are empowered by this new knowledge, and you can dust yourself off and go back into the world wiser. I think everquest scuffs the knee, burns the hand, just like being a kid does, but somehow unlike other MMOs I have played ( played over 20 other major MMOs over 12 years ) Everquest in the older "vision" days really had that sort of attitude similar to parents talking to their kids. You hated your parents for discipline, or thought they were idiots and didn't know crap about you, but really they were building you to be a good person and have morals, education etc. We can thank our parents now, just like Everquest in some ways with it's designers' attitudes of " this is working as intended, and doesn't need to be changed for a reason " sounded arrogant and not giving into the players wants....but what happens to games/children when you just give in to their wants? They become spoiled rotten.
Last edited by brianvp; 07-06-2012 at 07:04 PM..
Closed Thread