Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 12:45 AM
Kobold

If you plan on raiding than going Iksar is not a bad choice.
Robe > JBB
If you are going to be solo/duo etc than JBB is really nice to have.

Either way a fungi is good to have on any sham.

Unless your sporting sexy like...
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

An of course FD robed Gnome shamans > All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireapple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lizards look stupid.

Turp --- Purp
60 Shm 60 Wiz
Old 02-23-2014, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In fact barb rogues seem to be scarce. People getting lazy at character creation about having to do 8 levels in Everfrost?
barb rogues don't work "Lemme reach into the gnomes purses and pick out a few coins,,, ... ..... damn gorrilla figures, Bitch gimme all yo money!

everfrost is still my favorite noobzone today. run back just to see the wold snow

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 02-23-2014, 12:54 AM
Kobold

That robe is cool looking, Turp =D
Old 02-23-2014, 01:15 AM
Aviak

Just because it hasn't been mentioned yet: Iksars also lack Slam, which is your only real recourse for interrupting spells unless you have your dogdog, who is unreliable at best. Also, if iksars are capable of getting it, there is a lot of faction grinding required for the SoulFire. Until it's nerfed it's still a very powerful item, especially for Shamans since they are already highly efficient at solo/duo content.

When asked, I always recommend Troll for shaman race, since they get Slam, regen, high stamina, clicky snare, JBB. Besides the "Ogre Argument" that always comes up, I think this is probably the best min/max type shaman, since regen is paramount to how many buffs/debuffs/whatever you can put out, and iksars lack the other features.

It's all how you want to play. Iksars get the same regen as trolls (afaik) so the mana potential is the same on raids as them, and JBB isn't going to make or break a raid.

My shaman is a barbarian. It's how I played in classic, and being good-aligned is pretty undervalued. You will rarely see any other shaman race randomly buffing lowbies in Qeynos, Rivervale, Kaladim etc. Plus they are just god damned handsome, can't beat the woad/kilt combo.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:52 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucumbers
recommended leveling path for every race except Iksar:

1: log out
2: delete
3: make iksar
4: 1-8 FoB
5: 8-16 kurns
6: 16-20 behind kurns

etc
Old 02-23-2014, 01:54 AM
Planar Protector

Iksar are the master race.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:55 AM
Kobold

In all seriousness, at 56 you get paralyzing earth. With your epic and a 3 min root you can kill up to 5 or 6 at a time. Jbb isn't required whatsoever if

your mission is to hit 60. Even then the lower level roots still do the job, just require more attention to keep a timer on that root. They key thing here though is having your epic.

But if you aren't iksar then clearly having a jbb is one of your most useful tools, specially in groups or some kind of duo.

Races imo Ogre > Troll > Barb > Iksar, thats just me bud, but play what you love.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:59 AM
Kobold

JBB is indeed awesome for soloing.

For example, watching a non JBB shaman solo Sebilis scarabs makes me want to slit my wrists.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:32 AM
Kobold

Ogres may not appeal to your ideal body type aesthetic, but shamans can shrink anyway.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had an iksar shaman on live (Swish on Trakanon before it was torn down and movelogged to Tunare). Definitely the race I'd pick if I started one again for exactly the same reasons.

I'd stick with it unless you're under level 10 or have plenty of time to redo the levels you've already done. Iksar get "real" armor in Velious anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol swish you played on Tunare? Me too.
Closed Thread