Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 07:16 AM
Kobold

Default Progression Server the True facts

The truth says,

I am looking for a list of confirmed facts about the Progression server. Not flaming of any kind. Hard cold facts please.

So far after researching dev posts. I have confirmed : Vision for all races are the same, Coin is wieghtless, Sks new HT wont revert back to old HT which means 6 sks = destroys a raid mob nearly, Monk fist ratio will be new client side = best dps until planes of power, some augments confirmed, Marketplace confirmed, spells will not revert back to regular spell levels.

Anyone have any more to add. How many listened to the livecast and know something????

In closing I want to say that server sounds like it needs to be reworked.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:20 AM
Kobold

The truth says,

Just confirmed old commonlands and freeport WILL NOT BE IN GAME! WTF!!!!

Old 02-11-2011, 07:27 AM
Kobold

Wow speak of the devil I was about to post something on this hey Truth heres some more true facts for soe's new prog server LOL. sony will never get another red cent from me. They have messed to many things up including, Star Wars Galaxies, and Vanguard.

"One of the most damning, that I'm currently aware of, is the monk damage tables being left as they are with current EQ , meaning that monks will have a "bare fist/weaponless" attack/speed of 26/20 at around 50. On classic and up, through quite a few expansions, this will put them at a staggering advantage over all other melee dps, even those with top raid weapons.

If that's not enough of a slap in the face, the shadow knight ability "harm touch" (or death touch, I can't remember the name exactly) is also being left as it is on current, which means that a big enough group of SKs, along with the overpowered DPS of monks, will pretty much trivialize all of the classic content.

Here's the source of this information - http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/po...opic_id=173099 (around pages 20-21)"
Are we all just slaves to the system?
Us and them and after all were just ordinary men.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJJJ7ec1eAo
"Freedom cannot exist in the world of Capitalism any more than a fish can live out of water."
Old 02-11-2011, 07:30 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy27 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow speak of the devil I was about to post something on this hey Truth heres some more true facts for soe's new prog server LOL. sony will never get another red cent from me. They have messed to many things up including, Star Wars Galaxies, and Vanguard.

"One of the most damning, that I'm currently aware of, is the monk damage tables being left as they are with current EQ , meaning that monks will have a "bare fist/weaponless" attack/speed of 26/20 at around 50. On classic and up, through quite a few expansions, this will put them at a staggering advantage over all other melee dps, even those with top raid weapons.

If that's not enough of a slap in the face, the shadow knight ability "harm touch" (or death touch, I can't remember the name exactly) is also being left as it is on current, which means that a big enough group of SKs, along with the overpowered DPS of monks, will pretty much trivialize all of the classic content.

Here's the source of this information - http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/po...opic_id=173099 (around pages 20-21)"
The truth says,

Thank you for your truth. It's really sad that soe didn't put even 1/20th of the effort P99 did. They really should pay our devs here to help them.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:32 AM
Kobold

Biltene

Scholar

Phenix2687 wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

lindz444 wrote:

I'm really worried about the monk fist table staying the same as live. Monks with 20/26 fists at 50 are absolutely ridiculous, there is nothing comparable to that level of weapon until PoP and by then, they have better fists. Is there nothing that can be done about this because it will really hurt the server. No dps is worth anything compared to monk dmg and tanks are really going to struggle between feigns. It just seems really silly. I don't think this was the case on previous progression servers so why has this choice been made for Fippy?

It is because the changes were made after the progression server was already past the point of that mattering.

It is the type of data that is global. To change this we would change it on all servers, which is not cool.

Similarly, SK Death Touch will be high for the time. And Mage Pets will be very powerful (probably necro pets)

It sounds to me like these changes should have never been made, same with the "zone revamps". Why are you always changing things that work just fine? Was there a huge outcry that barefisted monks are gimped for damage that I'm not aware of? And with HT doing that much damage on the live servers, where is the challenge to any of the classic content when you can kill Vox/Naggy with a few SK's. I'm going to be playing an SK and even I see the unfair advantage this poses. Sorry SOE for sounding bitter here because honestly I am really impressed with the effort put into this server thus far and I think you guys have done a great job. But really....? This is a HUGE problem. Please consider finding a solution to this, I've seen a few posted here already that make complete sense to me. If nothing else I think the community is right, make the changes global, I really don't think it's going to affect that many people.

We get it. You don't like the zone revamps. Get over it. It's not changing. No matter how much it displeases you. No matter how much you think the community is up in arms over it. They cannot, or will not do it. Either way, it's not going to happen. It's been stated multiple times in multiple threads. If it's so terrible, why not consider doing your levelling up on the Faydwer continent. Try something different than what you grew up with. Why not experience the part of EQ that you missed focusing on the Freeport/Commons/Oasis/Ro area, instead of rehashing what you've already done?

If I'm not mistaken, you've been away from the game since Luclin. So, it's more than likely that monks were altered under a premise that they presumably were gimped for damage. And that said alteration would be definitely something you're not aware of, seeing as how you've been off playing other MMOs. It was probably done to 1) bring monks more in line with damage done by other classes having access to better weapons at earlier levels than before, or 2) just in an effort to help speed up the game for those at lower levels.

Change is inevitable. In a game thats 12 years old, it's going to adapt, grow, change, that's its very nature. This attempt by the devs is admirable. I hope the playerbase enjoys the server, and hopefully it helps bring more people back to EQ. I might make a character and dabble. But I understand the server for what it is, and you do not. What you want is the First Time EQ Experience all over again. It's understandable, everyone that experienced it knows what it was like. But, and I want you to absorb this, IT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. Not ever. No matter how hard you try. And here's why: back then there was a sense of adventure about exploring the world, about learning about quests, and what mobs to kill, and what to stay away from (at least until you were ready). There was a sense of "we're all in this together, so let's make the best of it, and see what's out there". About the great unknown that was yet to be revealed. And guess what? It's since been revealed. You probably remember some quests...you know that if you see a Hill Giant at level 10, you should probably run, you know where a good leveling spot is, etc. You know the things now, that you only learned by experience before.

I hope you find what you're looking for, but it will never be the way you want it, even if they were able to make it 100% exactly like it was at launch. You may have fun, you may enjoy yourself, despite hating Freeport, but rest assured you'll never capture the magic, again. Good luck.

The truth says, People like this post deserve to die. This was taken off the forums that you linked.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:33 AM
Kobold

The truth says,

There you have it folks. If you are playing on the progression server make sure you roll a monk. Rogue dps is gimped shit compared to monks. Along with other classes. Make sure you stock up on tailoring Wu's will sell all the time.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:36 AM
Fire Giant

Monk or SK, that's the only classes you should see on this server.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:44 AM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to BuzWeaver Send a message via Yahoo to BuzWeaver

From SOE:

Official Time Locked Progression Server FAQ
What will be the name of the Time Locked Progression Server?

•The Time Locked Progression Server will be named Fippy Darkpaw, as chosen by the community.

When will the Time Locked Progression Server open?

•Currently we are targeting Tuesday February 15, 2011 for the opening of Fippy Darkpaw.

What rule set will the Time Locked Progression Server use?

•The Time The Time Locked Progression Server will use the normal PvE rule set.

What sort of items and content will and will not be available at launch on Fippy?

•For the Fippy Darkpaw Server we have done our absolute best to remove items which would give an inappropriate or undue advantage such as Defiant Armor or certain tradeskill related items. Generally the items that you will find should be items that came with the expansion currently available or were unlocked during that expansion. Augments created specifically for progression servers will be available.

Will there be Hotzones or Hotzone drops?

•Hotzones and Hotzone items will not be available on Fippy at release

How about Marketplace items, will Mounts be available?

•In addition to restrictions on items initially available within the game, Marketplace, Loyalty, and Claim items have been similarly addressed. If an item or buff offers stats, it will probably not be offered from any of those methods until a later date. Mounts will not be available until Legacy of Ykesha is unlocked or later, depending on the mount.

How will tradeskills work on Fippy Darkpaw?

•We have made efforts to limit tradeskills to the expansion when the recipe actually came out. Potion making and jewelry making have had the old recipes enabled, and these will stay this way until the Prophecy of Ro expansion is unlocked. Similarly the new poisons will not be activated until around Underfoot. The exception is spell research where we will not reverse it to the older method. Instead, we have limited recipes for the appropriate expansion and made ingredients for research available in more zones..

How will progression work on Fippy Darkpaw?

•As with the previous progression servers, players will need to defeat certain challenges to unlock newer expansions. Once these challenges have been defeated there will be a grace period where the server will stay in the current expansion. After the grace period, players will be able to vote through an in game poll to unlock the next expansion. The voting period will be one week.

Initially the grace period will be 90 days before voting will start for Kunark, then 60 days for each expansion after that. At some point we will even have a vote to see if players wish to change that grace period.

If the majority of players vote to unlock the next expansion, the next expansion will unlock at the end of the poll. If the majority of players voted to stay with the current expansion, then there will be a one week grace period before another poll will be posted. This will happen until a majority players vote to unlock the next expansion.
Last edited by BuzWeaver; 02-11-2011 at 07:47 AM..
Old 02-11-2011, 07:54 AM
Kobold

/08/2011 16:21:24 Subject: Re:Re:Re:It’s time to get ready for the arrival of Fippy Darkpaw on February 15, 2011!
Dev-Ngreth

Developer

kurtzhair wrote:

jacklSK wrote:

Another question , racial bonuses enabled again ?

Aren't they still enabled now? At least the halfling EXP bonus, the Iksar/Troll regen and the other iksar stuff, and the warrior/rogue exp bonuses seem to still be in.

Not sure about penalties, though.

Correct. The bonuses will stay, the penalties will NOT be re-instated.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Dev-Ngreth

Developer

yinlaBB wrote:

Will revamped zones be back to their orriginal forms? ie Freeport, Nec Forest, Oasis/South Ro, Innithule Swamp, East Commonlands/commonlands, Kithicor Forest, High Hold Pass, Lavastorm, Toxxulia Forest, Ocean of Tears and Sleepers Tomb Plane of Mischief, Chardock, Veeshan Peak, etc when the expansions are unlocked

No. Revamped zones will be in their current form.
Some zones had "Alternate Data" these zone will have the original data if available, and swith to the "new data" at the aproximate expansion time it was done on live.

Message edited by Dev-Ngreth on 02/08/2011 16:14:02.
Dev-Ngreth

Developer

Ghost_of_Philphans wrote:

Aftahmath261 wrote:

Has the exp been scaled back and how much?

Are any of the revamped zones(freeport, oasis) returned to their former greateness?

Have translocators been removed from docks or are they still avalabe?

I think that you guys did a great job! It seems like you're really trying with this one and I know quite a few people are coming back to play on it!

the translocators aren't on the current servers.. i would doubt they would be on the TLP

exp has been scaled back. At this point I don't plan to give an exact number, though that may change.

revamped zones will stay with the revamp

translocators will still be available because boats are still unreliable. Unfortunately they are still buggy and we have not been able to spend the time needed to nail it down.
Dev-Ngreth

Developer

Laquish wrote:

another question, how will spell setup be?

Every 4-5 levels like old times, or will it be how it is now..every level?

It will be the current method of spell acquisition. __________________________________________________ ___________

Dev-Ngreth

Developer

Mall wrote:

I am a little curious. So a time locked server. Does that mean hell levels are back? Does this means all the garbage that has been done to this classes over the years been reinstated as it was when the game came out? I believe you would have very interesting thing here things were as they were when the game was released. I think for the most part people don't realize how hard this game was back in the day. Very interesting! Lots of questions un answered.

Mall~

Hell levels are not back. We did not restore the original curves, instead we just slowed down experience gain overall. It will use the current "curves" but exp gain has been slowed.

Classes will be what they are "now"
__________________________________________________ ______________
Dev-Ngreth

Developer

Machail wrote:

EcaepDuTraeh wrote:

I am excited about this server for everyone, but I want to weigh in on the "server rush" debate that is going on due to this server's launch. Many are upset that the grace period is so short. I took 6 years to get to level 50 on 1999's rule set because I am a casual gamer. Getting it done in 90 days on the same rule set seems possible but unlikely for everyone who isn't multiboxing. While it is not certain that the server will move to the next expansion after 90 days, the proportion of hardcore EQers still playing seems to indicate that it won't be much longer than 90 days. This is the main contention of the more casual community.

Methinks you misunderstand the unlocks.

First, a bunch of people have to get to 50, then they have to kill Naggy, Vox, Phinny, CT and Inny. THEN we have 90 days. THEN we have a vote.

It's going to be a good chunk longer than 3 months before we see Kunark.

It took about 2-3 weeks before Kunark was unlocked on The Sleeper server in 2006. Add in a week-long vote, and we're already at 4 months.

There's also no indication that leveling is going to be as slow as it was in 1999, either. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see even the casuals in the mid 40s or higher after 4 months.

Though unlike Sleeper server, we do have an EXP slowdown going which will affect the rate of level gain this time.

I don't doubt there will be some people that spend very long hours, and optimize everything possible in a way that was not possible in 1999 and do it quickly, but it will not be as easy as the last time we did the progression server.
( Must of never herd of project 1999)
__________________________________________________ _____________

Old 02-11-2011, 07:57 AM
Kobold

OMG READ THIS SHIT

Dev-Ngreth

Developer

Mardy wrote:

I think some people are wondering about what happens after you die. Do you get sent to the soulbinder right away or do you get a chance to be rezzed like the way it is now? Also what happens to the corpse, does it stay where you died and you would have to retrieve them to get exp back?

You can hover like now. This MAY change if we reinstate full corpse recovery.

Closed Thread