Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you are restricted to only using the particular item once per fight.

Best attempt to reduce an otherwise intricate game down to a one dimensional boring waste of time sink.

A+
Old 11-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Banned

I was thinking the costs were cheaper, but if it costs that much should be no problem, EXCEPT golem wand... 600pp for full wand still seems a bit cheap.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Banned

I've already posted code on how to fix the golem wand, just needs a developer to confirm/deny that they think it is a problem.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...335#post459335
Old 11-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Fire Giant

Dunno why a few people think clickers are an issue. Don't you guys PVP on a PVP server?

Do you think people wanna spend 600pp or more every time they PVP? The people that actively PVP does 5-10+ fights an hour. Even if you farm PP and recharge items on a regular basis you wouldn't use any of them in more then 1% of your fights.

600pp is already a lot for a Golem Wand imo and the other shit is even more expensive. It definitely don't need to be changed. Recharge items are great for a PVP server, they add a new dimension to the game and they also help the weaker classes have a chance vs superior classes.

People that think it's gonna be a spam fest are retarded and delusional. You'll barely notice that clickers exist on an active PVP server.
Quote:
exploit - is the code word for they outleveled me and are now outfarming me
Old 11-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dunno why a few people think clickers are an issue. Don't you guys PVP on a PVP server?

Do you think people wanna spend 600pp or more every time they PVP? The people that actively PVP does 5-10+ fights an hour. Even if you farm PP and recharge items on a regular basis you wouldn't use any of them in more then 1% of your fights.

600pp is already a lot for a Golem Wand imo and the other shit is even more expensive. It definitely don't need to be changed. Recharge items are great for a PVP server, they add a new dimension to the game and they also help the weaker classes have a chance vs superior classes.

People that think it's gonna be a spam fest are retarded and delusional. You'll barely notice that clickers exist on an active PVP server.
I think recharging should stay but i also think golem wands drop way to common, maybe i got lucky.

I dont know why you think they add a new dimesion to an almost 13 year old game, maybe you didnt know about them on live and its new to you now?
Old 11-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

I dno, i don't like insta clickies, clearly takes away whatever skill everquest pvp has, especially the hoop and the wizard conflag wands.

I'm glad there's no item loot at least.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Banned

Quote:

I think you are the retarded and delusional one. Golem Wands were always used in classic because there were not 1000 insta click buffs like there were later in EQ and stripping buffs was important.

Sure, they aren't used in every fight, but they are always charged and ready to go.

As soon as the rash of insta click buffs started to emerge, it made the Golem wand less valuable. However, when we have BUFFED resists that reach around 120... the Golem wands become that much better to strip the buffs to ensure spells land and to remove other buffs such as DSs, Levi, etc.

Golem Wands are an OP item in EQ PvP until the game progressed into Velious and Resists on Items because more prominent. There was a reason they were the most camped item and why people always had 'the clean merchant' to buy/sell them to.

The problem is not that the Golem Wand exists, its that its insanely cheap and easy to get additional charges without the risk and time invested to camp it again.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Fire Giant

It's Classic and this is suppose to be a Classic server rite? So I don't see the issue. In all other thread people argue that it was "like this in Classic" so ill use the same one here.

Classic is Classic. People want the Classic experience!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm not gonna have much access to the best camps for recharge items or other items for that matter since it's gonna be zerged down by zerg guilds. But I enjoy them being in the game, I also enjoy when people waste their charges on me. I like the element of surprise they bring to PVP. If you don't know what your enemy is sporting then the result won't be obvious and I enjoy it like that.
Quote:
exploit - is the code word for they outleveled me and are now outfarming me
Old 11-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dno, i don't like insta clickies, clearly takes away whatever skill everquest pvp has, especially the hoop and the wizard conflag wands.

I'm glad there's no item loot at least.
I agree, the clickies shouldn't be rechargable, keep them lore/uncommon but not super rare. if you want to farm one and use it in pvp then do it. but rechargable golem wands are going to be retarded
Old 11-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Can we come to the conclusion that golem wands need to be at least manastone type rarity?

They drop almost every time now and are rechargeable, everyone on the box within 3 weeks are going to have golem wands making buff classes useless.

Either make golem wands ultra rare or make them retarded expensive to recharge / disable recharge for golem wands
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Closed Thread