Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-15-2014, 01:08 AM
Skeleton

Yes it is. It connects and shows all the servers. It only crashes out after it starts trying to load the character select screen.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuture04 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok not working when trying to troubleshoot eqclient.exe. It still gives the memory error when running as administrator, but then under troubleshooting it says I need to run everquest.exe. When I try to do THAT, it tries to patch and never connects. And yes, I made a shortcut of that one, with the patchme command after it in the properties. Running as admin or troubleshooting still brings it up as though it's trying to patch. Anyone else have any ideas for me to try?
Your shortcut needs to be of the eqgame.exe
not eqclient.exe and not everquest.exe

D:\Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme (your directory path may vary depending on where you're game is located)
Old 07-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by India [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your shortcut needs to be of the eqgame.exe
not eqclient.exe and not everquest.exe

D:\Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme (your directory path may vary depending on where you're game is located)
Ok giving that a try when I get home, and trying all the extra things (Run as admin/troubleshoot) on THAT shortcut if it doesn't just work either.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:20 PM
Skeleton

Ok, Running as administrator and the exact same error happened. But then, I ran eqgame.exe and troubleshoot compatibility. Now, when I said that it worked in windows 7, it gives the error that I need to run everquest.exe. I ignore it and continue through with the settings for it to be on windows 7 compat anyway. I launch the game afterwards, and POOF it works. So I'm working again, though the group I was leveling with is now way past me and now will be very hard for me to get a group... So all of this might have been for naught, but at least it works now. Thanks everyone for the help.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:03 PM
Fire Giant

glad you are up and running [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]