Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Sarnak

Default Ragebringer, information needed.

Anyone know if the haste on this item is worn or proc'd? From what Alla shows it's worn, but then that means the proc on it is worthless lol. I remember thinking it was a proc, but I could be way off. Anyone who had one back in the day or at least knew about it care to fill me in?

Here is a link:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4066
Old 04-29-2010, 09:34 AM
Fire Giant

there is no proc on that weapon, its 40 atk and 40 haste
Old 04-29-2010, 09:35 AM
Sarnak

It's a worn effect. Back in the day, items didn't have innate modifiers like Haste and Attack. Instead they had effects that would apply those modifiers. When GoD was released in 2004, they revamped items and added innate modifiers for Haste, +ATK, Regen, Mana Regen, etc. Items that previously had an 'EFFECT' of Haste, instead had a Haste +x innate modifier instead. For items that had worn effects that incorporated multiple bonuses (such as the Ragebringer) the effects were changed to only include whatever bonus wasn't possible via an innate bonus, and the rest of the bonuses were moved to innate bonuses. Confused?

Basically, the Ragebringer on p99 should have a worn effect that provides +40 Atk, 40% Haste, and +9 AC. (Take a look at the history for Seething Fury on Lucy: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhist...27&source=Live and note that in March of 2004 they removed the Haste and Attack bonus from the effect, since it was moved to an innate modifier on the weapon).

Of course, since we're using a modern client, they could use the innate modifiers if they wanted to. The end result is the same regardless [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-29-2010, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, they did that with the likes of flowing thought becoming +x mana regeneration, aura of battle (+10atk or something).

It would be nice if they had it as the worn effect (for nostalgia) but if it's a hassle to do or whatever then i'm sure we can live without it.

I enchant things...
Old 04-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

Ahh ok. That makes sense. I remember items having flowing thought II and stuff like that.

But cool. That makes me want to get a TBB over a FBSS now haha. Luckily it's TONS cheaper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 04-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Aviak

Epic is far away. Id get a worn haste item if I were you.
Jeebus - Erudite Cleric
Old 04-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Aviak

Ragebringer won't be out for a while, even when it does, plenty of Rogues will be waiting for Renux/General. You might be in line for a long time. Grab an FBSS first.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Kobold

Yeah I agree, get the FBSS now, it will make a huge difference and if I remember correctly it speeds up your backstab cool down?
Old 04-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Fire Giant

i *think* this is correct, but someone who has played a meele more than me might wanna confirm that haste also effects special attacks like kick, bash, and BS.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Fire Giant

Haste in general does effect all melee-based special attacks.
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Closed Thread