Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 06:24 PM
Orc

Default Twinking a monk

My goal in the game was to level a druid and then use it to help twink a monk.

While I dont want to spend weeks porting people to purchase a fungi, I would like to purchase some decent fear for it.

I am at the point where I want to purchase some haste gear, currently I have 5k, but I plan to spend about 20k total. When I read reading about haste I read that items do not stack, if I understand it correctly, a piece of gear will stack with a spell, but 2 pieces of gear will not stack together?

Could someone point me to a good guide on what gear I should be looking at purchasing? I dont want to purchase 2 haste items if they will not work together...etc
Old 04-10-2017, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

Yep, haste items do not stack with each other (that would be nuts). On P99, you can stack worn haste and spell haste; plus bard Composition of Ervaj for an additional 10%.

The best one will take precedence. If you have an item with 22% haste and one with 34% haste, you have 34% haste. If your friend casts a 20% haste buff on you, but then someone else comes along and casts a 50% haste or whatever, the 50% one will erase and overwrite the 20% one. Then, you'll have 84% total haste (from your 34% item and the 50% buff). Add a level 60 bard to your group and he/she could bump it up to 94% haste. Blender status. However, I thiiink total haste is capped at 100% aka twice as fast as naked. Only in...Luclin or Planes of Power (?) would "overhaste" be added, which goes beyond the 100% haste cap. Be warned that some players will use the word "overhaste" to refer to Ervaj haste, even though there is no true overhaste here.

The "low-hanging fruit" items would be Silver Chitin Hand Wraps, Flowing Black Silk Sash, Sash of the Dragonborn, or possibly Silvery Belt of Contention. Next tier or two up would include Runebranded Girdle, Runed Bolster Belt, Spiked Seahorse Belt, Sebilisian Berserker Cloak, or Cloak of Flames.

And here is probably everything you could want to know about haste:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Haste_Guide
Last edited by Videri; 04-10-2017 at 07:17 PM..
Old 04-11-2017, 01:08 AM
Planar Protector

Spending 20k only what would I buy?

-full set cured silk minus arms and boots(cheap/light)
-azure sleeves
-cheap/light magic boots
-WQS for low levels (cheap)
-Ada club (several K)
-stave of shielding (several K)
-2x 5ac55hp rings
-sash of the dragonborn
-cheap everywhere else

Save any money left over for later. I'd take the approach of priorizing a few higher priced weapons and haste with mediocre gear at that budget. That gear could easily carry you to 60.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 04-11-2017, 09:55 AM
Sarnak

- plat fire wedding ring (x2), 500pp
- wu's quivering staff, 100pp (insanely good for the price)
- fbss, 4000pp (don't spend 2.5-3k more for 3% more haste on the dragonborn)

these 3 items get you off and running for ~4500 plat, which leaves you ~15000 plat towards your fungi tunic! which is what i would do -- the fungi tunic is the next critical piece.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Spend 1k, get 5/55 rings, Wu's Quivering Staff and a set of Wu's armor. Get an Essence of Dol to skill up 1hb as you go. Save the 19k to put towards the fungi. A monk, either race, can easily solo to 50 on that gear alone. If you level in the right places you can easily make up the rest of the plat needed for a fungi by 50. Join a guild that does Sky and you can get a 21% haste belt for free at level 46, which is about the level where the haste will start to be more important anyway. Then you can have the thrill of looting an upgrade while you level to 60 in Seb.

That's what I'd do anyway.
Last edited by Ravager; 04-11-2017 at 12:44 PM..
Closed Thread