Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

Default Enchanter solo dungeon leveling.

Hey y'all,

I've been playing an enchanter and having a blast. I'm currently level 24. I want to push myself with some high risk/high reward solo spots. Can anyone suggest some good solo spots for leveling as an enchanter. Most of the wiki ones are outdoors, safe and boring.

Bonus points if it's an out if the way location. I don't have a ton of play time so I hate waiting for camps.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Fire Giant

Uguk is amazing XP. Fungus farm/warden area is good at 24 - my chanter has done 25 to 27 there so far and I still get 3-4% per kill (i.e. 7-8% per charm pair) on the high DB mobs. Definitely high risk but I can usually get stuff blurred if too many adds come, only a couple deaths.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 04-11-2017, 03:08 AM
Fire Giant

Try upper guk until 29 and then try crystal caverns. I wish I had gone there sooner, the Orcs drop ton of valuable loot and there is even a merchant and bank inside, that enchanters can uniquely use without faction grinding. Just use your faction spells on the dwarf merchants.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:33 AM
Fire Giant

Out of the way? Not safe or boring?
Well, sounds like you want to try the runnyeye dungeon, should be possible to start at your level. Some nice items there as well.

It may be too unsafe even for your tastes though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-11-2017, 08:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Out of the way? Not safe or boring?
Well, sounds like you want to try the runnyeye dungeon, should be possible to start at your level. Some nice items there as well.

It may be too unsafe even for your tastes though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did Runnyeye solo on my chanter around 25, its OK. But things have changed, zone has gone through a revamp lately. As a chanter you can now alliance goblins and /con dubious everything but the Evil Eye. Makes things easier to scout. Also, walk in with see invis as there are invisible goblins now.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try upper guk until 29 and then try crystal caverns. I wish I had gone there sooner, the Orcs drop ton of valuable loot and there is even a merchant and bank inside, that enchanters can uniquely use without faction grinding. Just use your faction spells on the dwarf merchants.

Never been to crystal caverns. What do you kill at 29?
Old 04-14-2017, 07:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never been to crystal caverns. What do you kill at 29?
Start with the miners, they're 24-25ish. Oracles, Herbalist, and the other warrior types are about 28, 29 but still kill able just avoid them for pets until your up in the 30s a bit. As you get to your mid 30's you can push past the little dwarf safe spot and start on the terrors, spiders, and end your time in the Geo's that'll take you up to your mid 40s.

At 35 or so you can also hop over to Tower Of Frozen Shadow. First floor is pretty easy to solo through, minus the named can be a bit of a challenge. But get your key, head up to to floor 2, and you can solo all that stuff to your mid 40s. 3rd floor is fairly simple and will extend you into your later 40s. However, soloing here has a high cost if you die past the 1st floor and becomes a time consuming corpse run that will requires help.

In your 40s, Kaesora is an often over looked dungeon with great xp. I've only down the Xalgoz spawn down here, but I've heard guildies saying it was some of the best xp they've gotten in the game.

Lower Guk is also great from 35-50 as you can just progress further down the line of camps. Start with the entrance mobs leading down to bedroom, the bedroom. Work your way to the Ass/Sup camp and kill the ritualist spawn, the mobs in the tower, the gargoyles, and anything you feel comfortable pulling down the stairs from ass/sup. Then work your way into Sage/Exec/Cav camp, then to safehall pulling the trash between frenzy, hands and towards AM. I probably wouldn't do the Lord until 55+, just because a charm break could mean Ice Comets flying around. Also over on live side, the fort area can be solid xp when guk is full. Rarely anyone there. Lots of shamans to deal with, but entirely manageable in your 40s. Pathing can be even wonkier than dead side over there as well, so mind your pulls.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did Runnyeye solo on my chanter around 25, its OK. But things have changed, zone has gone through a revamp lately. As a chanter you can now alliance goblins and /con dubious everything but the Evil Eye. Makes things easier to scout. Also, walk in with see invis as there are invisible goblins now.
Runnyeye was amazing from 20-24, I was in the back on level 3 with the fungus. It is definitely a challenge! If you look on the map there is a pool of water all the way at the end, I charmed from there and killed 2-4 on left, and another 2-4 on right. Exp was amazing and will give you training experience very valueable for later. You can bind directly on other side of ZL in Misty. I never had competition for the multiple times I played there.

Just invis and run down, kill up some fungus and level efficiently, GL

(Catch me in-game as Conditionone if you have questions. Also note, goblins were too much a pain, fungus were harder but many less wandering and no invis mobs)
Old 04-20-2017, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey y'all,

I've been playing an enchanter and having a blast. I'm currently level 24. I want to push myself with some high risk/high reward solo spots. Can anyone suggest some good solo spots for leveling as an enchanter. Most of the wiki ones are outdoors, safe and boring.

Bonus points if it's an out if the way location. I don't have a ton of play time so I hate waiting for camps.
Check out this thread: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=245100

And my videos.

I pretty much did what you were talking about to level Noman up, though I didn't start the videos until 30 or so IIRC. The suggestions in this thread are good too, although personally I didn't like TOFS above the first floor. Second floor has casters that like to charm and dispel. Above that it starts to be quite bothersome to do a CR if you die.
Closed Thread