Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 12:29 PM
Kobold

Default Caster pets in general...

Why is it on p99 that no matter how much agro a pet has anytime a player comes up to melee the mob instantly spins and sticks to that player? He backs away, mob immediately goes back to the pet. Player approaches again, mob spins back to attack him.

Makes duoing with a mage pet tanking a giant pain in the rear.

Anyone know why this is like this? I remember duoing with my rogue with a mage years ago on live and the pet would tank while I meleed from behind.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:49 PM
Fire Giant

In some situations, pets can hold aggro over PCs. Not often, but sometimes. They have to have enough threat, the player needs to be at max melee and evade often, and depending on the pets DPS they might need to give it a while before they can get in close and start attacking without drawing attention.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:29 AM
Aviak

Pretty sure player always takes aggro over pet when in melee range. No exceptions.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:13 AM
Fire Giant

Pet AI goes up to max melee range (which is quite far) and then starts attacking. If the pet was closer than the player somehow the NPC might stay on the pet.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:00 AM
Aviak

obnly tiem i had sucess with a pet (charmed pet on my necr) tankign with a a melee was rootign the mob and sumonign the pet ontop of hte rooted mob then melee was able to hit at max range...
Old 04-22-2017, 06:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure player always takes aggro over pet when in melee range. No exceptions.
When it comes to mage pets i can't say for certain. I have very little experience with them. Charmed enchanter pets can and do hold agro over melee.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

No pets hold aggro over players unless it glitches out. This was patched in over a year ago and was a big nerf to Rogs.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 04-22-2017, 09:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No pets hold aggro over players unless it glitches out. This was patched in over a year ago and was a big nerf to Rogs.
This glitches a lot then....
Closed Thread