Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 12:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem a bit insecure, and you are definitely projecting.

Sorry you're bad at games and sorry you lost.
The internet equivalent of, "no you are!" Very original bro. Also try not to sound like a prick, if you can help it.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:01 PM
Sarnak

Clearly troll post got the Heuheuheu he was hoping for. Shame on us for biting.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The internet equivalent of, "no you are!" Very original bro. Also try not to sound like a prick, if you can help it.
Try this.

Everything you said in your OP was incorrect.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

Wow, 1500 posts, you must be an esteemed member of this 90s MMO community. How's your social life going friend?
Old 04-22-2017, 01:56 PM
Large Bat

Speaking of breaking charm... DE Necro can break charm quite easy. Hide > FD. Hide ability for DE is like having a pre-nerf COS. Instantaneously breaks the charm. FD, wait for the mob to move off, stand up and tap the remaining HPs out of it.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, 1500 posts, you must be an esteemed member of this 90s MMO community. How's your social life going friend?
It's unaffected, actually. As you can tell from my post history, I'm only on the forum in my down time at work.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Why are you feeding a troll? Ignoring them is the silver bullet that works 100% of the time.

On topic - I leveled too many enchanters to admit, most of the time charming stuff, and must say there are plenty of situations I will refrain from charming if in a full(ish) group scenario. What you outlined in your OP is all correct, and I'd add a couple situations that come to mind where I'd avoid charming:

- playing eq and watching a baby/child
- playing at work and potentially having to suddenly afk for an unknown length of time
- not trusting your healer
- playing too drunk

List can go on
Old 04-22-2017, 05:59 PM
Banned

op is wrong i see there are 3 pages though.

charm something from someone else's camp that wouldnt let you join them, its simple everquest.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I am an ignorant and loud person that refuses to take constructive criticism and doesn't consider the whole picture.
ftfy. At least the thread title accurately describes OP.

Previous posters already addressed your misconceptions and pointed out the enchanter tools you've overlooked. I'll just add that you seem to rely too much on your healer based on your comments. Keep up double runes and develop some situational awareness so charm breaks don't have time to land multiple rounds on you.

If you're in a subpar group, set the pace of the group and arrange for the group to support you and your pet. If you aren't charming because you think the group is subpar, you're just making the group worse.

The only good reason to not charm presented here was being too busy/distracted IRL to focus or being a drug addled degenerate who lacks situational awareness. At which point, don't play the class that requires the most focus and awareness. Wiz and rog are better options.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:00 PM
Fire Giant

How to turn down a legit thread into a shit fest.
100% nerd rage. Stupid kids. I remember about a year or two the very same thread popped up, consensus was different. People kindly agreed charming would ideally be situational and when groups were expecting it as if it was mandatory, these were just outplaying it. Now, I'm not here to say they were right or wrong, but they were at least more civilized. Why in the hell do we need to name OP as if he was retarded ? He's obviously not and I'm sure he made some points. Now the consensus is : OP is a moron, he needs to play something else. OMG, this just make the server community looks retarded.
Closed Thread