Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 03:52 PM
Kobold

Default Tier 2 Warrior Haste - Straight for Cloak of Flames?

Hello everyone!

Well, here I am again with one of my questions about upgrading gear for my new Warrior. Thanks to everyone in advance of this post; I've found the advice on the Silver Chitin Hand Wraps fantastic - really glad I went with the SCHW and Mithril Plated Girth combo for now - they're performing excellently at a very reasonable price (total of 2.85k for my hands and waste).

My question now is - for upgrading Haste items, should I start saving 80-90k straight for Cloak of Flames OR is there an intermediary item that is worth it as a stop gap between SCHW and CoF that is REALLY worth it? My sense is that it's smarter to simply save straight for CoF since for now most of my gear can really only be upgraded by Thurgadin Quest Armor or something kind of niche (Earring of Essence for example).

My plan in the 53+ range is to spend a lot of time grouping in Old Sebilis grinding cash and items to sell.

In case it impacts any advice anyone has, here's my current gear. As I'm guessing you'll see, there aren't a ton of items that I desperately need to replace or won't be serviceable - if there are let me know!

Cougar / Orc Fang Earring
Crested Helm
Barbed Ringmail
Glimmering Mithril Torque
Peerless Dragonskin Mask
Cloak of the Maelstrom
Velium Fire Wedding Rings
Silver Chitin Hand Wraps
Mithril Plated Girth
Heavy Dragonleg Breeches
Barbed Dragonscale Boots
Wrapped Entropy Serpent Spine
Frostbringer

Let me know! Do I save for Cloak of Flames or take a pit stop at Runed Bolster Belt Runebranded Girdle, Spined Seahorse Hide Belt, or Cloak of Crystalline Waters? Are those intermediary items sufficiently cheap and improvements in performance that it's worth buying them as stop gap items?
Old 04-24-2017, 05:09 PM
Fire Giant

Generally speaking, you can usually "invest" in haste items and resell them later. That being said, I imagine haste items will drop in price soon. They are patching epic haste in the near future. I imagine a lot of people (rogues, mostly) are going to sell their CoF etc. since they won't need it for backstabs afterwards. Some people have started selling them around 70k range already.

If I were you, I'd just start saving and buy something after the patch. SCHW are fine for now. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-24-2017, 05:15 PM
Kobold

Oh that's cool - I didn't think of how sellable haste items are, but I see what you mean.

That being said, sound like with the coming patch, you agree that I'm better off holding out for a CoF at even 70k then a CoCW at like 50K, correct?

Thanks!
Old 04-24-2017, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanderheide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That being said, sound like with the coming patch, you agree that I'm better off holding out for a CoF at even 70k then a CoCW at like 50K, correct?
Yes. Fire and hp are better than cold and mana (especially on a warrior)
Old 04-24-2017, 10:23 PM
Sarnak

I personally think Lodi shield + runed bolster belt is the best 2nd tier haste combo for warrior but just my 2cp
Old 04-25-2017, 11:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally think Lodi shield + runed bolster belt is the best 2nd tier haste combo for warrior but just my 2cp
Damn that's interesting. I just did the math a but and I see what you mean.

Basically the question is...

Blood Runed Girdle + Cloak of Flames = 23 AC 36 % Haste 15 STR 24 AGI 9 DEX 50 HP 15 SvF
Lodizal Shell Shield + Runed Bolster Belt = 28 AC 31% Haste 20 STR 10 STA 10 DEX 5 CHA 10 WIS -5 AGI 20 SvC 20 SvF 10 SvM

I'd be inclined towards the former but the latter is probably better for raiding where high resists are more in demand. From some quick math, I'm thinking the different in attack rates is likely something in the 1-2 tenths of a second.

Anyone else have an opinion on that comparison specifically or have any experience in that match up?
Old 04-25-2017, 11:34 AM
Kobold

Correction, Blood Runed Girdle and Cloak of Flames would be 24 AC
Old 04-25-2017, 01:09 PM
Fire Giant

Lodi Shield is a great item. Going that route, you would lose a little haste, but then you could do your sky quest belt for 41% haste and you wouldn't have to swap your gear around. I know the guild you're looking to join does Sky. Have you looked at the quest?
Old 04-25-2017, 01:40 PM
Kobold

No, I'll check it out! The more I think about it, the Bolster Belt option is probably the right way to go. As you said, belt haste seems to be the smartest approach with the least gear switching involved, and the more i think about it, the Lodi Shield resists sound REALLY nice the more tanking I do.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Good luck, efreeti belt still highly sought after as it only drops from the noble cycle.