Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Default Monk Tips

My favorite things I've learned as a monk:

1. Split pulling - hit with ranged, pull back a bit, feign before the mobs hit you, sneak, wait for all but one mob to walk way, stand, hit the one mob still facing you.

2. Weight limit no problem - get a magican or shaman to create summoned bags for you. Then before you log off, have someone dual you. The summoned bags will be on your corpse next time you log in. Easier to find someone to dual you than someone create summoned bags.

3. Casting mobs suck stick to non casters if at all possible if you are just grinding out experience solo.

4. Once Mend is over 100 skill, save it for when you really need it. I use to use every time it became available assuming I had less than 75% health, but it didn't really save me much time. It was more useful as an "oh crap" button to overcome a close fight that I would have otherwise Feigned and lived to fight another day.

5. Living on a budget no problem - Azure sleeves 12AC (50pp) probably the cheapest item for how much AC you get for a monk. Then Wu's armor (40pp) per part. Wu's Quivering Staff (500pp) is extremely cheap for how good it is. And Platinum Fire Wedding Rings (250pp). You can have pretty damn good equipment by no later than level 15.

6. Starting out, be diligent about building up your skills like mend, sneak, feign death. Be careful about using Mend in the middle of a fight before you've mastered this skill. It just takes time to become awesome.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

These are also spectacular weapons and super cheap: http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...s_Trance_Stick
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 01-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Kobold

Noob monk solo question:

do lower level mobs (1-45ish) riposte at all / often? I always thought 2h was better for soloing because you get riposte'd less often. Not really sure if this is the case though.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Fire Giant

monk soloing:

fight, use intimidate when you drop below 50%, bandage to 50%, repeat as needed. This is most effective in outdoor zones where you don't need to worry about adds. I did this a lot in rathe mnts and South Karana with pretty good success.