Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol that's a piece of shit
thanks 4 share
Old 12-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Fire Giant

I know you're kind of a dumbass but I can't in good consicous allow even you to waste your money on something so terrible.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227382

you apparently lack the desire or knowledge to assemble your own machine so that is about 15x better than the gateway you have listed and only a bit more expensive.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you apparently lack the desire or knowledge to assemble your own machine so that is about 15x better than the gateway you have listed and only a bit more expensive.
i built my first rig in 2005 akshually. thanks for the link though, i am investigating further.

edit: i do like this rig gwence, i'm happy it comes with the 700w psu. newegg tends to use lower W psus and not include enough RAM on a lot of great CPU/GPU combos. I'm seriously considering buying this.
Last edited by azeth; 12-01-2011 at 02:42 PM..
Old 12-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
edit: i do like this rig gwence, i'm happy it comes with the 700w psu. newegg tends to use lower W psus and not include enough RAM on a lot of great CPU/GPU combos. I'm seriously considering buying this.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

you can buy a rig with whatever PSU or however much RAM you want, it's called building it yourself
Old 12-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you can buy a rig with whatever PSU or however much RAM you want, it's called building it yourself
okay thankyou for the valuable input. i'd like to direct you both to my statement above identifying i've done that in the past, and additionally to the "x" on the top right of your IE window.

building it yourself makes you your own warranty. I have no desire to risk my investment and rely on myself to solve any issues. I'd gladly pay the extra $50 for a comprehensive warranty over all of my parts for the first year.
Last edited by azeth; 12-01-2011 at 03:16 PM..
Old 12-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Banned

going to laugh my ass off if "building a computer" was you following a guide on PC Gamer or some shit
Old 12-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
building it yourself makes you your own warranty. I have no desire to risk my investment and rely on myself to solve any issues. I'd gladly pay the extra $50 for a comprehensive warranty over all of my parts for the first year.
this is the same story you almost always hear from anyone who has never built a computer themselves and wants an excuse to never have to try. every part you buy, as long as it's not generic, comes with a warranty, there's no risk on your investment at all.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Fire Giant

I bought a video card, ram and processor from EVGA. LIFETIME WARRANTY after registration for everything. Broke a SATA port while trying to install a new hard drive, guess what, got a free replacement no charge.

sure is risky bro
Old 12-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
going to laugh my ass off if "building a computer" was you following a guide on PC Gamer or some shit
im going to laugh when you respond with where you got your bach/masters from.

also, i'm not really sure why you're even posting in this thread pickled. I mean with your original comment identifying you can pick/choose your parts by building it yourself, were you under the impression that I wasn't aware of this or?

I'm pretty happy to spend a thousand'ish dollars on a system to run the games I play in what little free time I have, fact. Thanks for coming brews.
Last edited by azeth; 12-01-2011 at 03:30 PM..
Old 12-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to deakolt

ibuypower confirmed cheaper and more reliable than building your own rig

ppl who suggest building your own rig sux

Bulltrue
Deakolt
Closed Thread