Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Yup MSRP is a bitch. Newegg and Tigerdirect are basically the best things ever, and warranties are so easy to come by on almost any product on there, plus Newegg's and Tigerdirect's return policies are fairly reasonable... it's hard not to come out ahead if you build it yourself unless you are a poor designer.. it does take a little bit of head scratching to make sure your components will function but for the most part it's matching numbers.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

For me, the self-build savings always came from rebuilding the same rig. Just watch the sales, spend about $250 a year, and your rig is always ~2 yrs behind the latest and greatest.

A good CPU/mobo will easily last 5 years, and a vid card is always good for at least 3. Folk that spend $2k on a new rig every 5 years make my head hurt.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
building it yourself makes you your own warranty. I have no desire to risk my investment and rely on myself to solve any issues. I'd gladly pay the extra $50 for a comprehensive warranty over all of my parts for the first year.
You do realize that you can warranty your parts through wherever you buy them .. newegg ect..

Also you have a manufacturers warranty that can last up to 3 years on most parts. Depending on what the item is.

But you already knew this because you've done this once before. So I'll go find that little red X that takes me back to minding my own business.. amidoinitrite?
Old 12-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by deakolt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i challenge you to build your own rig with same parts and lesser price... and warranty
Yes you might have 1 valid point. We might not be able to build it at that price, becuase were not buying a thousand of each item and mass producing them.

I did make the mistake of letting my ex fiancee purchase a pc from there when I was on active duty. Lets just say the headaches she had from their tech support not being located in America .. yet the sales guys were .. was not worth the trouble.

System ended up having caps popping on a board from overheating because the case had dick for ventilation. I wanted to mailbomb their warehouse where it was purchased because it was utter crap.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:09 AM
Sarnak

lol this is hilarious
Closed Thread