Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaimcap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My favourite scenario:

Ho hum... Sitting in EFP... nothing to do...
Oh hey, I know! I'll go farm some stuff in Permafrost! */who permafrost* Oh, there's no one there! Sweet!
LFPort NK!!!! Humm... No ports huh... Guess I'll run there..
---40 minutes later---
Woo. Finnally made it to perma... F@#$ 6 anons....
Fun fact.

Do a /who 'inglourious basterds' or a /who 'dark ascension' and ask around.
You have a 1 in 4 chance of getting someone camping in permafrost.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't feel a need to explain why you do it, why would you feel a need to describe your lack of need to explain why you do that? Seems kind of asinine, no?

I DON'T NEED TO EXPLAIN WHY I DO WHAT I DO, BUT I SURE AS HELL WILL EXPLAIN WHY I DON'T NEED TO EXPLAIN WHY I DO IT, LOL

lol.
Thebes Soup?
Old 06-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fixed.

I like being /roleplay, so go fuck yourself.

Looks like your roleplaying tag still doesn't hide your ignorance. Better take it off.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Fire Giant

Nipples.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Skeleton

I am searchable on a regular basis, I enjoy people asking me questions about there class or about the server. It is not 100% of the time, but the majority of my gameplay is regular old searchable Yik. Boo on anon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Kobold

Role and anon is stupid. When I get a tell from someone I /who them first by habbit. Helps to know lvl class and location of the person for just about every situation. If I ever have to ask where are you its a waste of time. One rez/port tell every 18 min is not something you need to start cutting your wrists over. You are not super cool sunglasses at night guy because we can't see your loc. You are not being watched by the fbi. This is not zek. Stop inconviencing the rest of the server, faggots.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Role and anon is stupid.
100% Truth
Old 06-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Role and anon is stupid. When I get a tell from someone I /who them first by habbit. Helps to know lvl class and location of the person for just about every situation. If I ever have to ask where are you its a waste of time. One rez/port tell every 18 min is not something you need to start cutting your wrists over. You are not super cool sunglasses at night guy because we can't see your loc. You are not being watched by the fbi. This is not zek. Stop inconviencing the rest of the server, faggots.
Don't trust this guy he tries to KS with his magical powers! Then reports you for reporting!

Totally changing the subject - someone finally IVU'd you, yes? I have no idea why it took them so long, hah. I finally had to say in group "C'mon guys, someone IVU the guy" while chain pulling and noticed you weren't there when I got back, so I assumed they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Leapfrogging is a dick move. It's not about "rules" or "ZOMG IT HAPPENED ON MY SERVER ITS FAIR".
Truth.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Kobold

Lol yea I didn't wanrt to disrupt the chain pulls but the tank dropped group, itud me, and I assume got back in group all in time for your next pull. Thx to u and pickled, true gentlemen and scholars!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Kobold

I use Roleplay to keep the game as classic (see: irritating) as possible. The impression I am getting from the people saying anon/roleplay is a waste of time is that they would like the instant gratification of knowing where everyone is at all times so they may make a decision that would be the most time-efficient for them. Sounds logical and hard to argue when looked at from just that one side.

But that's not what the game is about. For me, and pardon me for speaking for anyone else, but I would imagine a lot of others are on this server because the MMOs today are all about instant gratification and as little challenge and uncomfort as possible. For the sake of example (though I may be wrong since I don't play the game) I hear that in WoW you can "queue" up for any instance from where ever you are and automatically be teleported to that instance, and then returned to where you were upon completion.

What anon/roleplay does, and what the OP and others are complaining about, is the very opposite of what WoW is. If you want to fight in a zone, you have to run there and compete with potentially everyone else on the server. You aren't instantly teleported to your desired location and returned to the bank when you're done. You aren't garunteed that the mobs you want/need to kill are available.

Welcome to Everquest.

It baffles me how anyone who chooses to play on a server that is (mostly) classic Everquest feels the need to complain about... classic Everquest. For me, the annoying things are just as, if not more, fun as the convinient things, because that is what classic Everquest is.

To sum it up:

I /roleplay because I like it, so go fuck yourself.
Closed Thread