Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 02:01 AM
Fire Giant

The first 3-4 levels are god awful as if the developers didn't want people to play this game, but it's the best MMORPG of all time regardless. I'd give anything to experience this game for the first time again...
Last edited by sox7d; 02-01-2015 at 02:06 AM..
Old 02-01-2015, 04:06 AM
Orc

I started my Dwarf Cleric tonight. Name is Dofbar.

Thanks for all the replies so far, I am finding this game to be really confusing, but I like it. Currently killing things in Greater Faydark near Kelethin, Kumadar was nice enough to bind me there. Died once making the run from Kaladim, but made it the second time with no problem.

Managed to buy some bags, and I am currently saving up bone chips and spiderling silk to sell eventually. The wiki newbie guide has been very helpful, as well as the advice in this thread.

Almost level 5 as I type this, looking forward to trying out grouping soon. Hoping to meet some of you ingame eventually!
Old 02-01-2015, 04:11 AM
Sarnak

Welcome to the server bra!!
Old 02-01-2015, 07:26 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome aboard. For the first character I would recommend a Mage. They have a very powerful pet and really need NO gear other than a training Robe which cost peanuts in the spells area to look good in.

They are not a evil race, so you can go almost everywhere without being killed, they get Gate and Bind affinity spells which are a God send, and VERY easy to play. The pet does most of the work for you. So it is a layed back class. You will die a lot but so do most of us that know the game well. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] P1999 is Hard Mode, and that is what makes it so appealing.

Try to join a Guild quickly and ask questions on it. They will help you out very much.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:48 AM
Large Bat

Welcome !! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-01-2015, 03:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargrade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started my Dwarf Cleric tonight. Name is Dofbar.

Thanks for all the replies so far, I am finding this game to be really confusing, but I like it. Currently killing things in Greater Faydark near Kelethin, Kumadar was nice enough to bind me there. Died once making the run from Kaladim, but made it the second time with no problem.

Managed to buy some bags, and I am currently saving up bone chips and spiderling silk to sell eventually. The wiki newbie guide has been very helpful, as well as the advice in this thread.

Almost level 5 as I type this, looking forward to trying out grouping soon. Hoping to meet some of you ingame eventually!
Sounds like it's going pretty well. I hope you enjoy a cleric. I'd suggest trying different group or solo approaches to find what suits you. Clerics, even bad ones, can often be carried along on the rising tide of groups they attract. That doesn't necessarily make for fun play. For me, a fun cleric means having some crowd control with roots and stuns (possibly lulls), even if it's just helping out the enchanter. I get bored when stuck in the buff/heal only cycle. Keep an eye out for how you can add value and buff your enchanters as you would a tank.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Orc

Just hit 6, and managed to get enough money to grab all my level 1 and 5 spells. Experimenting with them now. Hoping to find a group for something this evening and make some friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try to join a Guild quickly and ask questions on it. They will help you out very much.
I will try and find one ASAP.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not much different to starting any other MMORPG, you spawn naked and have to go and kill things... it gets much more fun if you can break the first 5-6 levels.
The difference between EQ and other MMOs is that in EQ by level 20 you're still naked.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:34 AM
Orc

Hit 9 tonight. Finally got meditate, what a huge difference.
Last edited by Wargrade; 02-02-2015 at 04:37 AM..
Old 02-02-2015, 05:44 AM
Sarnak

Wargrade is on the warpath ... there's no stopping him now!