Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

Default What is a 59 necro capable of in Velious?

So I got my old account pw with some assistance, my main is still intact so I won't be starting over after all. I do recall however that maining a necro was one of the reasons I eventually quit, got tired of playing mostly solo and the thought of grinding another character up to the 50's made my brain hurt.

How do necromancers fare in Velious, both in solo and grouping situations?

I may just roll up an alt anyways and see how much of the 1 - 60 grind I can stomach a second time through.

Thanks in advance for any input
Old 02-01-2015, 12:33 PM
Orc

They're capable of twitching clerics
Old 02-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Necros not great for Velious, go into KD and watch your dots barely shift a giant's health :P

Still capable of holding down some good camps if you like your TunnelQuest time Haggle but if you're looking to really enjoy the class, it's not so fun really.

On the upside, twitching/HoT is good, single target mez is good, spectre pets at 59/60 make camping things quick and easy but if you want a group you'll probably want to guild up and tag along with people.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Powerleveling newbs very effectively.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Solo farming wise:

Skyshrine wyverns were incredible money on live. It will be tough to say here since some of the cash drops like Lath Drinor and Skyfury Scimitar won't be worth much here.

Plane of Mischief is a good place for necros. You can't farm it like an enchanter or shaman can, but there's definitely money to be made.

Chardok after Revamp is a really good farm spot for Necros. You have CoS, IVU, and FD to travel from PH to PH, and there's a ton of available undead to charm. There's a bunch of safe spots where you can snare/fd pull to. It's going to be the most lucrative solo spot when it launches, and necros are probably the best farmers for it. I say that because the nameds are not difficult enough to where you need an enchanter or shaman to solo, so necro mobility wins out.

As far as grouping goes, throw away the idea that Velious will have grouping like Kunark. Velketor's might be the sole exception.

Raid wise, necros bring conjure corpse robe, ok mana regen, and poor dps/healing.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

Damn, so not much hope of grouping in Velious as a necro eh?

Thanks for all the advice and feedback guys, more is always welcome
Old 02-01-2015, 03:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagglebaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn, so not much hope of grouping in Velious as a necro eh?

Thanks for all the advice and feedback guys, more is always welcome

Velious sucks and actually lowers the usefulness of most classes. I'm actually kind of pissed velious is being released here.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Well, whats there to group at max level?

Aside from Velketors, there's no dungeons that follow the traditional pH, short respawn, and uncommon named chance model of old world and Velious.

For the most part, there's either nameds that are on a long respawn or you're farming trash mobs for rare drops.

For the first category, look no further than how Fire Giants in SolB currently operate. You have people with the timer who will just snipe the mob when it respawns. For the second category, people just raid/mini-raid.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, whats there to group at max level?

Aside from Velketors, there's no dungeons that follow the traditional pH, short respawn, and uncommon named chance model of old world and Velious.

For the most part, there's either nameds that are on a long respawn or you're farming trash mobs for rare drops.

For the first category, look no further than how Fire Giants in SolB currently operate. You have people with the timer who will just snipe the mob when it respawns. For the second category, people just raid/mini-raid.
Ouch. Makes being 60 in Velious actually sound terrible :-\
Old 02-02-2015, 11:10 AM
Sarnak

There is a ton of stuff that can be solo'd in Western Wastes by a Necro. They drop some decent stuff, including very nice tailoring materials.
Closed Thread