Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Sarnak

Default Lake Rathe Gnoll Camp

My wife and I have hunted here on several of our previous characters. Was always a nice spot with gnolls ranging in levels from 8ish to 16 embalmers with necro pets. If they had weapons, they were always bronze, so it was a good spot to camp spell money from level 8 to 16 or even 20 if you're very patient. You had the South Karana zone line to flee too when things got hairy and could be bound in the arena. So all in all a nice place to go to level and escape the more camped areas.

However....I am unsure when this change happened...but now the gnolls are no longer gnolls, and nothing there is level 8ish any longer. There are now greater zombies, high level skeletons and gnoll Exhumers? with pets. Basically it was revamped to a higher level hunting spot with completely different mobs? I never saw any patch notes or any notification of this change happening? Did I just miss it somehow? I though i was crazy when I first looked over there on my 12 pally last night passing through and everything was RED. I was like wow WTF happened here?

P.S. Are there any other big changes like this we shoudl be aware of that didn't get announced? Just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Server runs much smoother without prima donnas prancing around being bitches like this is Walmart's Customer Service Department.
Last edited by maegi; 03-02-2011 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: to ask a question
Old 03-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I may be way off on this , but iirc at night they change into the higher level npcs you saw, like kithicor.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Yep, night spawns are undead in that camp.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Sarnak

Sure does.
Daire 2011-02-26 18:50:55 Dropped Item [commons] 17969{,10146,2280}
Amapolo 2011-02-26 18:51:29 Picked Up Item [commons] 17969{,10146,2280}
Old 03-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Sarnak

ok well if that's the case, perhaps it just started happening, because we hunted there for hours of real life time before and yeah sometimes you'd kill a gnoll that was blue and an embalmer might replace him or a high shaman. These mobs I see there now were never there before? I know an EQ day is only a matter of an hour at the most so I'm pretty sure we'd have seen them change. We never saw the mobs I saw there yesterday. Maybe it was bugged and now it's fixed. Shrugs.

Quote:
Server runs much smoother without prima donnas prancing around being bitches like this is Walmart's Customer Service Department.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Sarnak

Ok so since someone mentioned Kithicor it just occurred to me that maybe this was stuck on the day spawn 24/7 before and now it's stuck on the night spawns you mentioned 24/7 because when I saw these higher level undeads it was broad daylight in the game.

Quote:
Old 03-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maegi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok so since someone mentioned Kithicor it just occurred to me that maybe this was stuck on the day spawn 24/7 before and now it's stuck on the night spawns you mentioned 24/7 because when I saw these higher level undeads it was broad daylight in the game.
If they don't figure out how to fix it at least it'll be easier for some people to get Epic pieces. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread