Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 06:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When that cookie crumbles everybody wants a crumb
*in extremely Maner voice* you're wrong, that's a logical fallacy. not everyone likes cookies and not everyone like crumbs. the bakers will not change things to your liking, casual. your logic is flawed.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haven't read anything since my last post.
Says it all really doesn't it?
Old 03-28-2017, 08:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Slim dinosaurs such as Compsognathus and Ornithomimus were among the fastest dinosaurs. However, the cheetah can run faster than any dinosaur that existed. Some scientists believe that Tyrannosaurus rex may have been able to run as fast as 18 mph (28 km/h). Other scientists believe it could not run at all because it was so big.
I know the t-Rex hates push-ups but I think they like leg day.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Thought Buriedpast was Motec?
Old 03-28-2017, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thought Buriedpast was Motec?
correct - a legendary Aussy.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was kind of a troll, but also kind of not. I don't really think A-Team getting epics was the beginning of the end - you're right, it happened earlier. I'd argue the welfare pixels TMO recieved at the opening of VP set the precedent for expanding GM involved in the raid scene, which has resulted in the "FTE 5k and fun run" the raid scene has devolved into. I know where not supposed to bash staff (another rule that has contributed to this server going downhill), so I'll keep it vague, but certain GMs trying to "fix" the raid scene has almost universally ended in disaster. There were some problems that needed fixing, but they tore apart the engine for a full rebuild when all it needed was some new spark plugs.

Also who the hell is buriedpast? I recognize that forum name, and feel like I should know who it is, but I think my inability to play eq without smoking copious amounts of the devil's lettuce has resulted in like a 20% retention of eq related memories.
Back in my day of A-Team, we only purchased our epics and VP gear after farming millions of platinum to pay for the scraps of VP rots. Just look at Sakuragi, Nordenwatch, and Tecmos purchases. Things were much better when we could just farm away, pay for top guilds' recharges, and didn't have to worry about actually seeing raid content.

By the way, hi, Klubba.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back in my day of A-Team, we only purchased our epics and VP gear after farming millions of platinum to pay for the scraps of VP rots. Just look at Sakuragi, Nordenwatch, and Tecmos purchases. Things were much better when we could just farm away, pay for top guilds' recharges, and didn't have to worry about actually seeing raid content.

By the way, hi, Klubba.
[sarcastic /on] You filthy casual scum! [sarcasm /off]
Old 03-28-2017, 12:07 PM
Banned

what's your favorite mid-tier rapper? i like kurupt the kingpin
Old 03-28-2017, 12:37 PM
Kobold

If only we could work in Lock Out timers. All of this could be avoided. Then again, new threads would arise complaining "its not classic".

I think of threads like this everytime in a Pantheon forum someone is lecturing about the importance of "Competition". No - It was, and it is, horrible on a 7 day mechanic.

The only true/good competition is everyone on an even playing field , and bragging rights about who did it first. THat only came with lockout timers or instancing. I think we know which one worked better :P
Old 03-28-2017, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjerry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what's your favorite mid-tier rapper? i like kurupt the kingpin
I like Esham.
Closed Thread