Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is literally no one on the server, past or present, who has logged in or only regularly just to watch Detoxx get emotional.

Naethyn on the other hand, is top 3 total retards of our time
Clearly you havent been in their TS late at night lol. Its was a fucking roller coaster some nights.

Detox retoxing is a show in of itself.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 03-19-2017, 11:57 AM
Kobold

The guild summit where Chest and CSG leadership sat at the table (like they had done a damn thing to earn a seat at that table) was a fucking joke. They NEVER competed. Not one time. All these ruleset changes to make it more palatable to compete -- and they showed up on the line like once. Ever.

Run up rules are dumb. They take entirely too much effort on behalf of the guild overall. We should go back to coth maging -- 2 mages per wing max. Leave some skill in it for the FTErs. Hopping out of Koi pond to run to Vulak or something is far more interesting than being cothed in on a wiz spamming flux staff with a TL box up. Turn off lazy aggro code in TOV and Kael. Why should the rules of this server that were meant to cater to casuals exist 1 more damn cycle, when they don't even show up to compete?
Old 03-19-2017, 12:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only so many people left to cyber on p99
I'll cyber you anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teija [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would say FTE'ing a dragon and having 45 seconds to get a cleric chain, tank rotation, speedbump list, and a train-up ready before the dragon hits your camp takes a bit more skill than taking your sweet as time (1 hour) and clearing a few trash mobs before casually killing the dragon.
I don't think this is true, any half trained monkey could do this shit, you just need a bunch of half trained monkeys to log on at a moments notice, and that is the true difference between the hardcore and casual playerbase. No normal person wants to spend their week hovering within a 30 second walk of their PC just so they can log on and kill Dozekar for the 50th time.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nice win.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clearly you havent been in their TS late at night lol. Its was a fucking roller coaster some nights.

Detox retoxing is a show in of itself.
i've been hanging out detoxx in person for years, we went to a giants game last year
Old 03-19-2017, 12:42 PM
Aviak

Oh boy....remember all the "Velious will fix the raid scene" talking points?

Here we are 19 months later and even the old Kunark dragons are still being "contested;" let alone things like VP. Fuck....even the PLANE OF HATE MINIs are being permafarmed.

Now I was in BDA for awhile up until they left P99 and let's be honest here: there's only so many nights you can clear VP and farm HoT armor. Eventually people just stop showing up. Hell the only reason BDA lasted as long as it did was because of the community of players in the guild and the extremely laid-back style of BDA raiding.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspa0700 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The guild summit where Chest and CSG leadership sat at the table (like they had done a damn thing to earn a seat at that table) was a fucking joke. They NEVER competed. Not one time. All these ruleset changes to make it more palatable to compete -- and they showed up on the line like once. Ever.

Run up rules are dumb. They take entirely too much effort on behalf of the guild overall. We should go back to coth maging -- 2 mages per wing max. Leave some skill in it for the FTErs. Hopping out of Koi pond to run to Vulak or something is far more interesting than being cothed in on a wiz spamming flux staff with a TL box up. Turn off lazy aggro code in TOV and Kael. Why should the rules of this server that were meant to cater to casuals exist 1 more damn cycle, when they don't even show up to compete?
lol look at this a/a koolaid drinker blaming the casuals somehow for the shitty state of the p99 raid scene

LOL JUST LOL
Old 03-19-2017, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i've been hanging out detoxx in person for years, we went to a giants game last year
Maybe he shows off for the nerd minions and keeps it sups casual with you than.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 03-19-2017, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think this is true, any half trained monkey could do this shit, you just need a bunch of half trained monkeys to log on at a moments notice, and that is the true difference between the hardcore and casual playerbase. No normal person wants to spend their week hovering within a 30 second walk of their PC just so they can log on and kill Dozekar for the 50th time.
This was precisely my point, it does take some skill, but in the end it really is about who is more dedicated / obsessed. I hear people from A / A in this thread saying turnover is high, people burn out, new hungry mouths take their place. Shouldn't you change then?

I think that is the OPs point as well about FTE being a failure, it just created more socking. Not a lot of suggestions in this thread to fix that. If I had to suggest anything it would be this:

Guilds could only drop a single raid target every 5 hours. This includes old world dragons, vp, velious, everything. Once you kill a target you are locked out. This would cause certain guilds to focus on higher priority targets that are in window and eliminate the need for tracking 24/7.

It would even open up high end scene to cooperation as vulak would need all dragons cleared to drop. I think you will see more 'trash raid' mobs open for casuals this way without constant socking. Guilds like kittens could get some nice stuff while A/As of the world probably lock down the big mobs.

I'm sure some exceptions can be made on certain mobs like vindi / wuoshi and statue / AoW. Hell, even make it so fear golems are one a piece. I think you will see a lot more cooperation this way.

If you hate this idea out there are flaws, please make some suggestions.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't want poopsocking.

Right now Azure Gard has 7 people in Kael staring at a wall.

No one is stopping you doing a self imposed 5hr lockout to set the standard, and ask the rest do. Instead you immediately become what you don't like.
If I'm not mistaken, AG has a policy where, if they are raiding, and killing there way to target. And they train someone, they stop immediately, Rez the people they trained, and then resume. I have personally witnessed this cost them multiple FTE's. Because other guilds will leapfrog past them and snag the pull.

This is an example of a guild doing the right thing. And other guilds taking advantage of it. That's how this server works, everyone is cutthroat and ruthless, with a few exceptions.

So why self impose a lockout in the hopes that other guilds will follow suit when it has been proven time and time again, that unless sirken says so, no one will listen.
Closed Thread