Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuffed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was ganked twice by the same guy at level 3; I think he was just fooling around. He gave me a stein afterwards.
That's a fairly common thing (ganking then something nice after), was probably Agatha testing your staying power before handing something out.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to improve Red's population, disable PvP in newbie zones, and stop losing X% of the new people who come to the server.
I'd agree to this, though I'm not sure it will ever happen. Yes, 1 out of 20 times it could happen, but then it's also possible you run into a another group of low-levels and roll through 10 levels in about 2 hours. Better chances of getting these kinds of groups on weekends. Also, believe or not, alot of the low-level gankers are pretty cool peeps if you don't talk crap after they kill you and get to know them a little bit. They might even give you an item or two...seen it happen.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:35 PM
Fire Giant

New players quit before they get get ganked because they see no one to play with. I know all this macho solo'ing attitude is out there but you need more than just those people
Old 08-27-2014, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New players quit before they get get ganked because they see no one to play with. I know all this macho solo'ing attitude is out there but you need more than just those people
If you're right, then Red is an impossible chicken and egg problem: their population is low, so they can't attract new people, so their population will forever stay low.

But (wow, I can't believe I'm actually defending Red here) ... you do realize that once upon a time Blue had population numbers lower than Red's right? And yet somehow, Blue has 1000+ population now. If your theory was correct, that could never have happened.

So while I'm sure low population isn't helping Red, I don't think low population is the (main) problem. When Derubael/Swish and the rest first went on their great Red crusade, Red's numbers actually went up. But then they faced Red's real problem, which is that it's not fun enough to keep people playing on it, and now the population has started sinking down again.

What Red needs, IMHO, are changes to make it better, not just more people who will join the server and leave (for reasons other than a lack of population).
Old 08-27-2014, 07:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're right, then Red is an impossible chicken and egg problem: their population is low, so they can't attract new people, so their population will forever stay low.

But (wow, I can't believe I'm actually defending Red here) ... you do realize that once upon a time Blue had population numbers lower than Red's right? And yet somehow, Blue has 1000+ population now. If your theory was correct, that could never have happened.

So while I'm sure low population isn't helping Red, I don't think low population is the (main) problem. When Derubael/Swish and the rest first went on their great Red crusade, Red's numbers actually went up. But then they faced Red's real problem, which is that it's not fun enough to keep people playing on it, and now the population has started sinking down again.

What Red needs, IMHO, are changes to make it better, not just more people who will join the server and leave (for reasons other than a lack of population).
I don't think it's an impossible problem because the players of the server hold their own fates in their hands. Unless they like having a less than 200 pop in which case more power to them.

You can point out any blue population you want in the server's history, there has always been low level people to full group with. It is not the single player experience that is Red.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
And that being team/faction based. It's just generally those communities attract more mature acting players. Sometimes exceptions, but generally I've found them more behaved compared to the typical elitist roxxor pvp player out to show everyone who's teh man... or to hide the pimply faced boy behind the keyboard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]