Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 05:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone enplane to me why they don't like threads that ask people to join red?
They look like the poster above you and are mad at everything.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll play on red if the Priest of Order allows me to turn in the book of order and turn off PvP.
This ... kinda: I only want to be able to turn the book in temporarily though.

The problem with red is that you'll be XPing, and some asshole will come along and kill you. That, very simply, is not fun, and I'm sure it's a huge part of why people try the server and leave. We're playing a game, and the point of playing a game is to have fun.

PvP is fun when you ready to participate in it, but currently on Red you have no choice: you have to participate 100% of the time. It doesn't matter that you wanted to try and get your toon to level 5 tonight: if some twinked asshole decides he wants to kill you and make you do a corpse run, you're getting killed and making a corpse run tonight ... instead of having fun playing Everquest. So that's why I don't play on Red: I want to have a say in whether I'm going to get to play the game when I log on, and on Red I don't get that say, the twink does.

If I could turn off PvP to go XPing, and then turn it on when I wanted to fight other players, that would be wonderful. It's almost as if I wish there were certain "battle ground" zones where you could go to fight, and then continue to play the game as normal outside of them. But no MMOG has ever done anything like that and been successful (certainly not the most successful MMOG of all time) ...
Old 08-22-2014, 05:17 PM
Fire Giant

why not allow naked transfers?

It only takes a week or two to make 60 as it is and there is little-to-no pvp happening at lower levels minus some griefing.

I wouldn't say it's the ultimate solution but the infusion of hundreds of accounts would not be a bad thing imo.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why not allow naked transfers?

It only takes a week or two to make 60 as it is and there is little-to-no pvp happening at lower levels minus some griefing.

I wouldn't say it's the ultimate solution but the infusion of hundreds of accounts would not be a bad thing imo.
I don't know what you're smoking but please pass that stuff around.

I've been playing since May 1st 2014 and I play 12 to 15hrs a day 7 days a week (because I'm retired and have the option to indulge) and I'm still only 57 on my highest character.

Leveling is not difficult and there are places where it is more efficient than others, but 1 to 60 in two weeks is a complete farce without being PL'd and having infinite funds to twink out min/max.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naprox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been playing since May 1st 2014 and I play 12 to 15hrs a day 7 days a week (because I'm retired and have the option to indulge) and I'm still only 57 on my highest character.
On Blue or on Red? If you're talking about Blue, you have to remember that Red has a huge experience bonus that Blue doesn't.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On Blue or on Red? If you're talking about Blue, you have to remember that Red has a huge experience bonus that Blue doesn't.
Was referring to Blue. Was not aware of this huge xp bonus on Red but if it's that significant, I might just have to tryout Red.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The problem with red is that you'll be XPing, and some asshole will come along and kill you. That, very simply, is not fun, and I'm sure it's a huge part of why people try the server and leave. We're playing a game, and the point of playing a game is to have fun.
The mindset is all wrong though loramin. You're trying to avoid the full pvp experience by only trying to pve.

If you zone into say.... Mistmoore, and you see someone there on half health sat down not giving any shits about where they are - you don't have to pvp them, but you need to be aware that its possible.

You can kill them, take their coin and leave... or stay, let them loot their corpse, and they'll leave and go somewhere else or camp out.

The "pvp happened to me, I don't like it" mentality needs some work - you should be initiating pvp as well...and the first fight you win is as good as any dragon kill or epic quest completion in terms of the rush (especially if it was close).

...and trust me, you'll want it again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Make pals, know your enemies... and learn the right strategies. It's the same game you always loved, but its a whole new game at the same time <3
Old 08-22-2014, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

That's probably as close as I've got to a "not annoying" post about red ^^
Old 08-22-2014, 06:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's probably as close as I've got to a "not annoying" post about red ^^
Yet it's still so very annoying!
Old 08-22-2014, 06:23 PM
Aviak

Although I've never tried PvP in EQ, from what I've observed about the game mechanics and the fact that many forms of CC are negated on Red as I understand it, I just see no reason to put much effort into it.

There are plenty of better MMOs out there that were specifically designed for PvP as their primary reason, with much better mechanics. Dark Age of Camelot comes to mind as one if you're looking for something that is both PvP and nostalgic.
Closed Thread