Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 08:29 PM
Kobold

Default New Server Announced

Hello everyone.

I know we all love classic, which is why we're all here and this project is booming, but I have a feeling a lot of players came from the Progression servers a few years back. With the announcement of a new server in the coming months and the talk of a new Progression server at SoE Fanfaire 2009, I can't help but think some people might go play on Live instead.

I was just wondering what everyone's opinions on this new server were. In a way, I really miss the Progression servers because there is so much simultaneous competition from guilds rising from basically dust to try and top the server - racing to targets, drama, and unlocking the next expansion with server wide emotes. And on the other hand, I can't help but think that unless they get a clue and put time-locks on Progression, it will just be a few months before the server's playability for many classic lovers will be out the window.

What do you all think? Will you give it a try at least for a couple months while you wait for Velious (or even Kunark depending on the release date) to unlock here on p1999?

(For those who don't know this was announced in the EQ Live email along with server merges today).

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-22-2010, 09:00 PM
Fire Giant

As much as they announce the servers being classic, they will never be classic. They will always have the hotzones, gear that isn't supposed to be dropping etc. They failed with the progression servers, and they will fail again.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

They mentioned that the last new server might be progression and it ended up being a start at level 50 server instead. This one makes no mention of progression at all.

Also this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgetrapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As much as they announce the servers being classic, they will never be classic. They will always have the hotzones, gear that isn't supposed to be dropping etc. They failed with the progression servers, and they will fail again.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Aviak

The first thing I will do when their new progression server comes out is buy a XP potion with my station cash. Then I might buy a pack of digital cards in order to obtain a sweet mount.

/sarcasm off
Old 05-22-2010, 09:53 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The first thing I will do when their new progression server comes out is buy a XP potion with my station cash. Then I might buy a pack of digital cards in order to obtain a sweet mount.

/sarcasm off
Actually they are doing trial runs on EQ2 for station cash mounts, so your wish may become true even easier!

</HUGE SARCASM>

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 05-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Fire Giant

As much as I would love to play live... SoE has lost every bit of my confidence over the years. I believe the team here is truly 10 times more capable as volunteers. P1999 is better at programing, research, and catching hackers... hell even better at customer support from what I have seen so far.

Even if they do allow global chats ;p
Old 05-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Skeleton

we dont pay for this +1, and we don't have to worry about power gaming guilds trying to push expansions.

i'm comfy here, will stay. Nil and the rest of the team are doing a great job...and doing better then most live management.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:49 PM
Fire Giant

Will have to see what it is exactly.

Not sure I want to fall for the same bullshit twice. During the last progression server, I took a two week vacation that summer and managed to miss an expansion in the process. I was cool with newbie armor quests, hotzones, and some inappropriate gear, like the lavastorm stuff and the FP sewers stuff. Wasn't crazy about it, but I could deal. But allowing 50ish players to determine the unlock speed of expansion for the other, what, 2000? was just obnoxious to the extreme, IMO.

That said, if they were to do a SLOW progression server through all of the expansions, I would be up for that most likely. One of the things P99 will never have that I love about EQ is AA. I know many hated dealing with it and it's a legitimate stance, but I really loved what it did for the various classes, to an extent.

I'm very happy here. They are going to have to really do some work on this one to get me to resub for it, although if they are wiping under 10's as they have in the past during merges, I may have to suck it up and resub for a month to deal with that....Way too many mules and alts twinked with fabled gear to not address.

Is there a link to this letter? for some reason I haven't been getting them for the last year or two, even though my email has been up to date on my accounts.
Last edited by Weekapaug; 05-22-2010 at 10:51 PM..
Old 05-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekapaug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That said, if they were to do a SLOW progression server through all of the expansions, I would be up for that most likely.

Is there a link to this letter?.
I agree, they will have to do things right to win me back. Hard to say what they have on their minds, as SoE is pretty unpredictable. However, they have had a year since the last Fanfaire so perhaps they have made a few adjustments.

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/ne...le.vm?id=51902
Old 05-22-2010, 11:36 PM
Fire Giant

Wow. Just wow. Race and gender changes? Wtf?

# Character Transfers

* New Rate During Transition Period (June 29th - July 6th only): 1000 SC

# Potion of Amnesia (character name change)

* New Rate During Transition Period: 500 SC

# Potion of Disgenderment (gender change)

* New Rate During Transition Period: 500 SC

# Witness Protection Pack (character name and gender change)

* New Rate During Transition Period: 700 SC

# Transmogrification Scroll (race change)

* New Rate During Transition Period: 1500 SC
Closed Thread