Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Default Dyzil's Deafening Decoy

Hello magicians!

I've seen a few questions asked regarding DDD and what exactly this pet is/does.

Type: Fire
Damage Shield: 43-47
Melee damage: 38-45
Spell damage: 39-46 (AE)
Hit Points: Approximately 3000

Summary: DDD is NOT affected by the Staff of Elemental Mastery: Fire. Additionally, DDD is most similar to the 49 fire pet, versus the level 52 vocarate fire pet. On Seafury isle, I have completely abandoned my fire staff and 49 fire pet for DDD. Yes, it does cost 350 mana to cast but so far from my experience DDD is more efficient to chain on seafuries than the 49 fire pet even WITH the hate staff.

If you are familiar with Quag Maelstrom on SF isle, a max level DDD can drop Quag to about 65% before needing to begin the chain summon cycle. This is compared to a Hate-Staff'd 49 fire pet who can drop Quag to about 80-85% before the cycle.

I'll be updating the pet guide wiki shortly, until then... ^ here ya go.
Last edited by azeth; 01-26-2015 at 01:37 PM..
Old 01-23-2015, 10:54 PM
Orc

Would be great to see the wiki updated with this information.

It's a great source for the mage pets, but definitely could be more complete.

Also curious to see what the Rage of Zomm elemental actually does/if it's useful.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:59 PM
Fire Giant

I am a 55 Mage on red. I've been taking out Quag quite a bit but I use the level 49 earth pet and focus shovel. Just as a comparison though, the max level 49 earth pet hits for 56 but the DDD dmg shield is 50-75% higher than the one you can cast on the earth.

With the 25 hp dmg shield and Burnout III on him, a blue pet will take him down to about 70% at best. When you consider the extra mana for the dmg shield and BO-III, its not worth it.

I have DDD in my bag for next level. Definitely looking forward to it.
Old 01-24-2015, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah DDD is a nice solo pet once you get it. Particularly on stuff a little too tough for your 49 fire. He's got hp of 51 earth, self DS a bit better than 49 fire, low melee dps but has a good hate proc. In places you can't chain and want to burn things down he's useful since you can nuke harder and more likely to get exp since most his dps is DS.
49 fire is still more efficient to chain but if you don't want to be burning thru 2-3 pets every mob go with DDD.

Note: Oh yeah and I tried hard unsuccessfully to find a way for Rage of Zomm to be useful. In theory you could use him on a mob that lasts a long time (lots of hp) but in practice 1 riposte/any AE kills it. Can't give it weapons/not much time buff him etc.
Last edited by Velerin; 01-24-2015 at 06:23 PM..
Old 01-24-2015, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

so far i definitely find DDD more efficient than fire staff'd 49 fire to chain
Old 01-24-2015, 09:54 PM
Sarnak

Great info, ty much for posting.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Wiki updated

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-30-2015, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Note: Oh yeah and I tried hard unsuccessfully to find a way for Rage of Zomm to be useful. In theory you could use him on a mob that lasts a long time (lots of hp) but in practice 1 riposte/any AE kills it. Can't give it weapons/not much time buff him etc.
So far Rage of Zomm, for me, is useless. Even in Chardok AE where you ca summon him and let him pound on a golem while DPS drops the mobs. Even in that situation, youre better off spending your time/mana using scintillation than even bothering with Rage of Zomm.

The highest ive ever seen rage hit is 68
Old 02-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

So here's a question... Does it (DDD) have the DS immediately when summoned, or do you need to wait a bit for them to cast it?
Old 02-02-2015, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

same deal for DDD & fire pets after the nerf, have to wait for them to cast it on themselves.

i have a hotkey that goes

/pet back
/pet back
/pet attack
/pet attack

i spam that til it goes off
Closed Thread