Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivar Quartz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guild whatever, draws Silverwing and leaves her up, knowing they have 24hrs....

Guild Otherwhatever is chomping at the bit and ready to go but cant progress without the other guild killing theirs first.

Guild whatever comes back w/ 1-2 hrs left on timer, kills their first dragon and in 30 minutes they all go FFA....
Guild Otherwhatever waits for guild Whatever to leave, says "Oh, I guess Rogean doesn't REALLY care or he would stop this" and kills all of the dragons.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Fire Giant

Wow, these high end guild players are high maintenance. IMO, let em rot if they die - They deserve nothing better. In any event, I can see how it makes things more hard core to enforce the original rot idea, which will please many of them.

However, here is an alternative - one that might help fix the bloated economy. Put a high price in Plat on the head of every charater rezzed by CS. Also make em wait a week.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

nuke all the VP keys and dont let the quest mobs spawn until VP is released IMO. First guild with enough people w/ keys, gets dibs. Do et!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nuke all the VP keys and dont let the quest mobs spawn until VP is released IMO. First guild with enough people w/ keys, gets dibs. Do et!
The QQ would be truly epic
Old 10-21-2011, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The QQ would be truly epic
Yea I don't wanna camp any of those mobs again :/.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, these high end guild players are high maintenance. IMO, let em rot if they die - They deserve nothing better. In any event, I can see how it makes things more hard core to enforce the original rot idea, which will please many of them.

However, here is an alternative - one that might help fix the bloated economy. Put a high price in Plat on the head of every charater rezzed by CS. Also make em wait a week.
It's not that the endgame players are high maintenance, it's that they're incredibly immature. If someone wipes in VP, let them handle it themselves. Either the high end guilds will work together finally and start cooperating, or everyone is going to screw everyone else over and they're all going to have their corpses rot.

If TR wipes and can't CR themselves, and has to ask TMO to help by clearing a path, one of three things will happen...

TMO will help them CR

TMO tells them to piss off, letting TR lose all of their corpses without CS assistance, then TMO realizes they 'dun goofed' because now, when they wipe, who the hell is going to help them?

TMO agrees to help TR with their CR, but they first try to snake the boss kill, wipes themselves, now everyone's screwed and justice is finally served.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:10 AM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...+perfect+world <---This
Old 10-22-2011, 02:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'd never see so many people again, including me... population goes from 800 to 400 instantly.
Retarded idea.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:35 AM
Kobold

welp maybe the 400 that would be left could .oh i dont know... COME TO A FUCKING AGREMENT W/O THE GMS HOLDING OUR MOTHER FREEKING HANDS.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:41 AM
Kobold

Link doesnt do it justice Bob. this is the number one reason you had more rotation servers than you had FTE . GMs didnt get involved too often when it came to raiding. you either worked it out or you spent a lot of time CRing

Yes I know...another thread on raiding on p99 and all the bullshit it involves. Sorry

In my opinion,

Seems like the most simple and elegant solution possible, something Devs can implement today which really would bring back that "classic feel", is ZERO gm interference for raid targets.

Guild X is going for CT, Guild Z Trains the shit outta them so they are unable to kill CT.

Normal scenario = Petitions, whining, bitching, GM intervention, suspensions, one guild getting loot over another, RnF posts, whining, bitching. Rinse and Repeat.

In my new perfect world there are no GM interventions. You don't like Guild Z training your shit? Train them back. For awhile its going to be a cluster fuck of trains. RnF will actually be worth reading again.

However, in the long run while this shitstorm is going on the intelligent players are going to realize, "shit man....we haven't killed anything worthwhile in weeks....all we do is train each other"

Once they realize this things should start to change, guild alliances, raid rotations, Big guilds letting small guilds help kill raid targets and getting to pick one item of loot off boss?! PEOPLE BEHAVING LIKE ADULTS!!?

Let the guilds police themselves. 99% of the server doesn't give a shit if Guild Z is Training Guild X in Fear. It does not effect us, we do not give a shit.

Spend your time fixing bugs, helping players with real issues and let the raid scene police its self.

The entire raid scene will deadlock if every time someone gets ready to kill Trak another guild trains them till they give up.

My option will FORCE guilds to play nice and free up DEV and GM time since they wont have to deal with the bullshit.

Not that anyone cares but, I am in Management at UPS. I learned a long time ago that if you treat your employees like children, always involving yourself every time they have the smallest issue, they will behave exactly like children. And I spent more time babysitting them than getting my work done.

However, if you treat them like intelligent adults and make them solve their own issues suddenly they have brains and are able to figure out most issues for themselves. Now a days I could not even show up to work and everything would be done and done correctly because I have a crew of people who think for themselves instead of a crew of children always looking to me to fix things.

I will admit I did not do much raiding Pre Velious and I have done ZERO raiding on P99, mostly due to not wanting to deal with all the bullshit here.

However, I think the P99 staff needs to step back and learn from my mistakes. Treat the players like adults and let the guilds police themselves and I think you will be pleasantly surprised in the long run.
Closed Thread