Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 06:53 PM
Fire Giant

Default jboots MQ = a waste of money?

Why not just buy SOW potions?

The other day I was debating on whether or not jboots are actually worth it. All of this time spent camping or waiting for the camp to open, or 6k for MQ. They're slower than SOW, yes? A 10 dose SOW potion costs 100pp. So you're paying 10pp per dose. So, buying an MQ costs 6k... which would also buy you 600 SOW potion doses. So if SOW lasts 30 minutes, that's 300 hours of SOW for 6000pp.

And you only need SOW when you are moving, not when you are sitting on your butt at a camp. I might only travel about 20% of my /played time. So, 6k worth of SOW potions should actually last me 1500 hours played. This is more than 62 days played. For the average person's scheduled weekly play that's 2 years of this game, assuming 20 hours a week. If you are talking about 10 hours a week, double that to 4 years. It takes 4 years for those jboots to be worth the cost if you play just 10 hours a week.

Do you really need jboots? Support your local Shaman.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 02-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Sarnak

You really need Jboots.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Sarnak

Jboots work indoors, don't they (as opposed to sow pots)?
Old 02-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitVelvetSmooth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You really need Jboots.
JBoots. By DetroitVeltetSmooth. Get yours or get left behind (R)
Old 02-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedbonker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jboots work indoors, don't they (as opposed to sow pots)?
No.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Fire Giant

jboots are an instaclick buff. damn near every boss dispells. tons of actual mobs dispell. they only work in outdoor zones but Hate, Fear, and all kunark dragons + most epic fights except trak are outdoors.

you don't have to grab a new set of jboots out of your bag to click it every time your jboots run out.

I can't imagine how many potions i'd go through in a 10-12 hour sky raid between timers wearing off and deaths.

i would hate myself in the face thinking about spending cash every single time i had to click my jboots, luckily i don't.

jboots are an absolutely essential piece of equipment 45+, especially if you're raiding. sorry.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
jboots are an instaclick buff. damn near every boss dispells. tons of actual mobs dispell. they only work in outdoor zones but Hate, Fear, and all kunark dragons + most epic fights except trak are outdoors.

you don't have to grab a new set of jboots out of your bag to click it every time your jboots run out.

I can't imagine how many potions i'd go through in a 10-12 hour sky raid between timers wearing off and deaths.

i would hate myself in the face thinking about spending cash every single time i had to click my jboots, luckily i don't.

jboots are an absolutely essential piece of equipment 45+, especially if you're raiding. sorry.
True, but they're really not necessary up to that point. If you've got the spare money, great - if your total worth is < 10k, it's likely not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droodler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
JBoots. By DetroitVeltetSmooth. Get yours or get left behind (R)
Writing that down.... oh wait its copyrighted.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True, but they're really not necessary up to that point. If you've got the spare money, great - if your total worth is < 10k, it's likely not worth it.
Honestly as a melee without gate, if your net worth is 6,001 pp and a MQ costs 6,000 PP, i'd snap them up in a second. Why spend $1k on sow potions when you're inevitably going to buy them anyway? Now you've spent $7k on being faster with the same result.

Kind of irrelevant though, right? Do any sub 45 mains legitimately have thousands of plat?
Old 02-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Sarnak

I will now step aside for the inevitable "look how much plat i have and im not 45" posts forthcoming.