Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 05:14 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherzul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll survive just as long as an Ogre, as a Barbarian. The only difference would be that I made surviving that long, look good.
Liar.... You don't fight to look good, you fight to win.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:43 AM
Planar Protector

Ogre stun immunity is highly overrated.

Again, this has been discussed over and over, but ogre frontal stun immunity will actually save your ass about as many times as you have fingers on one hand. It's absolutely a useful skill, its just not "defensive god mode" as someone put it.

If you don't agree, please post some situations where that ogre stun immunity is going to save your life/make a significant difference, because once again, this topic has been drilled into the ground over and over. Frontal stun immunity is good, its just not as great as everyone makes it out to be. Your casting is still going to get interupted. furthermore, if you're really meleeing that much, your mob should be slowed and bashing very infrequently.

That being said, ogre is still a solid pick. Its just not as good as troll.

Iksar by far the worst because they have poor itemization until Velious. After velious they are arguably the best shamans, or at least on par with everyone else. The thing to remember here is that there is no bad shaman race. They all kick serious ass. Period.

Now, after all that, I will say this. Iksars are the most badass - they look the best, are the best challenging, and kick the most ass. Roll an iksar if you want to be a pimp. That is all.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:03 AM
Aviak

Stun immunity on its own isn't defensive god mode, but I would argue that stun immunity and backing up to a 90 degree corner IS. Most of my experience is post classic, but in places like griegs and BoT (many many 90 degree corners) ogre casters thrive.

The other situation in which stun immunity is helpful is as a tank. You can't parry, dodge, riposte etc. while stunned (unless using disc???). But this is less of a concern for shaman as they don't get many mitigation skills and they don't cap as high.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Kobold

again, if it is able to be argued (legitimately) by both sides ad nauseum then you really should just pick the one you want.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrocks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now, after all that, I will say this. Iksars are the most badass - they look the best, are the best challenging, and kick the most ass. Roll an iksar if you want to be a pimp. That is all.
Read some of my other posts...the racial trait, regen, that trolls and iksars get is a trait that is ALWAYS in effect. The ogre trait is rarely put to use. It's a good trait just not used as much. For the average player playing a shaman, troll is going to be your best pick.

Iksars are going to be your worst even in Velious. The lack of no JBB is the reason. JBB is one of the best items in the game, even in Velious. Free 250+ damage, means you can kill mobs mana free...that is priceless. JBB really helps when helping friends pl, camp items, etc. The iksar will never have that option.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrocks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't agree, please post some situations where that ogre stun immunity is going to save your life/make a significant difference,
Any time you aggro more than one mob, it makes an enormous difference in survivability. The way that mobs bash now, just two mobs can easily spell your doom at high levels. Now let's see, does anyone ever get any unintended adds in EverQuest?
Old 12-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Banned

Ogres are best at any class they can be.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any time you aggro more than one mob, it makes an enormous difference in survivability. The way that mobs bash now, just two mobs can easily spell your doom at high levels. Now let's see, does anyone ever get any unintended adds in EverQuest?
Yeah, 4 mobs at once in HS south is difficult. I'm a barb. Any ogre shamans soloing HS south regularly yet?
Old 12-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Read some of my other posts...the racial trait, regen, that trolls and iksars get is a trait that is ALWAYS in effect. The ogre trait is rarely put to use. It's a good trait just not used as much. For the average player playing a shaman, troll is going to be your best pick.

Iksars are going to be your worst even in Velious. The lack of no JBB is the reason. JBB is one of the best items in the game, even in Velious. Free 250+ damage, means you can kill mobs mana free...that is priceless. JBB really helps when helping friends pl, camp items, etc. The iksar will never have that option.
lol skorge i agreed with you.

all my posts on this topic in multiple threads state troll = win, iksar = fail.

that being said, i love my iksar shaman. always have, always will. loved it on live and i love it here. it is clearly the worst race because of lack of jbb. period. ive never argued to the contrary on this point [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

again, to all the people riding ogre's nuts, listen to this guy. listen to klubba. troll > ogre. period.

**edit** just reread my post and i did say iksars would arguably be the best, or on par, with trolls. You're right thats not true (was really tired last night), but iksars dont fall that far behind even w/o jbb. There is no bad shaman race, i believe that 100%. Iksar is just going to be more challenging than the rest. But they're the coolest =P
Old 12-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, 4 mobs at once in HS south is difficult. I'm a barb. Any ogre shamans soloing HS south regularly yet?
Barbarians have the Spiritist Hammer. That's pretty much literally it besides Imbued Granite Spauldors. And if you were using the Hammer, that greatly affects your AC, which just about destroys its usefulness 55+ in my opinion.

Get out of here with Barbarian. You are unquestionably the third-place Shaman race.
Closed Thread