Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Aviak

Default Picking a race for shaman

Doing this on my phone so first off I'm sorry if it formats funny.

I have made 7 characters now since I started on p99 and have yet to get higher than 22. I figure I am missing my old live character which was a Shaman but have avoided it due to the massive shaman population. I am over the idea of too many shaman and was looking for a pros/cons list of being a shaman currently. My budget for gear is about 10k so gear advice would be welcome as well.

I will add more when I get home as typing this on my phone is becoming tedious.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-08-2014, 12:44 PM
Fire Giant

iksar; ac bonus, regen scaling

troll is close second place
Old 01-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Aviak

My main back on live was a troll, which was created prior to Kunark being released so Iksar might be fun for something I have never done.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:26 PM
Kobold

Depends on what you want to do.

If you want a Soloing Shaman @ high end, go Ogre. Stun Immunity is OP as shit.

If you want the most mana for raiding/buffs, go Iksar. Regen + fungi = awesome.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Banned

Bryjun sums this up best on the wiki.

Ogre.

All I'll add is that absolutely any time you get stunned trying to topor, you would of lived on an ogre. They are not even comparable. If the question is about what's the 8th, 9th and 10th best races for a shaman then it's iksar, barbarian, troll. But spots 2-7 are reserved because that's how much better an ogre is.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Aviak

That all makes sense, thank you all for the input. I will be going ogre. I keep hearing stun immunity is crazy OP but I have a hard time with how much of a giant boulder ogres are. I'll get used to it though.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopped [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That all makes sense, thank you all for the input. I will be going ogre. I keep hearing stun immunity is crazy OP but I have a hard time with how much of a giant boulder ogres are. I'll get used to it though.
I turned on the Male Ogre Luclin Model only when I started my Ogre Shaman. So at least I can see around my toon.

I don't like the model, but it's cheaper than an AON.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:12 PM
Aviak

hah that is a good idea. I had them all turned on for a bit but I felt the classic feeling slipping away.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:54 PM
Kobold

ungnghhhhhhhh

sick of this "stun immunity is OP" bullshit. Ogre stats are OP but at 60 especially with Velious everyone's stats are going to be high anyway. But more importantly with your highest level slow mobs will bash or kick approximately every 30 SECONDS. That's bash OR kick. Use the search function, last year or the year before someone did the maths to show this. Torpor takes 6 seconds to cast. Unless you are severely disabled you should be able to find a 6 second window between those bashes.

I would go troll or maybe iksar. Regen is much more useful 1-59. IF you can afford torpor at 60 regen loses some of its value, but 1-59 is hardly an inconsiderable chunk of the game. Iksar doesn't get JBB obviously but that's only an issue if you have 45k to buy one.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Aviak

I was pretty clear in my funds I hope. 10k to start means I will most likely not be able to afford anything high end for a VERY long time. I won't have a fungi or jbb or torpor unless I get chosen out of the countless other shaman who will be better geared to begin with for a raid spot that gets me some crazy drop. So race choice should be considered as casual I suppose since my odds of raiding are slim.
Closed Thread