Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 12:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinolian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3 days left and its no where near funded. Yet you guys act like its a go. What am I missing? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-of-the-fallen
The devs have said that the kickstarter has been a learning experience and the game being made is not reliant on the kickstarter funding. They are already setting up their website which will fully launch on Saturday to start receiving funding with new reward tiers there. Our money will go directly to the devs without a % being taken by kickstarter and amazon like it would currently.

Pantheonrotf.com for those interested. They are already working towards getting investors into the project and will continue taking our money to make this happen. This game will be made regardless of the kickstarter and the Devs have admitted that this was their first time using kickstarter and will do things differently in the future. I imagine a new kickstarter will come in the future once they have more of the game to show off.
Gakruk - Troll Shaman
Old 02-19-2014, 01:05 PM
Kobold

So if this kickstarter fails will we have a new promotion for us directly donating to their site?

Don't want all this possible funding to disappear since people dont get their potions!
Old 02-19-2014, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinolian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3 days left and its no where near funded. Yet you guys act like its a go. What am I missing? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-of-the-fallen
If Brad is as dedicated to this project as he says he is, he'll find another means.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 02-19-2014, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

i wont be at all surprised if there is a last minute donation that funds the project. Hard to leave over $400k out there.....
Old 02-20-2014, 11:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextGenesis88 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just watched the interview with Brad on Boogie2988's YT channel and highly recommend you guys go watch it. 45 minutes long and easily one of the best videos I have watched in a long time. Brad does mention Project 1999 in it briefly and I just think it's so cool that he approves of it and acknowledges it's importance to us.
/nod

It's wild. I've seen some of Boogie's vids before but had no idea until now that we player on Prexus together. Anyone know if he plays/played on p99?
Old 03-23-2014, 02:35 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldaran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are so funny! Oh, but while you are on the forums for a 15 year old Brad McQuaid game, you might not want to bash his newest project so you don't feel silly later when you are playing it.
Well said.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:01 PM
Fire Giant

Funny, I never knew he had a drug problem until I started following Pantheon, and I thought his personality seemed weird as hell in this interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45XrbsBt34c , now it all makes sense.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I was one of the first vanguard Alpha testers. Early on Vanguard was a challenge to play because of the high end computer requirements. Microsoft dropping the game was a game changer, forcing Vanguard to sell to SONY. The game still needed a year of debugging before it should have launched. Many of the bug problems were due to the dumb down changes made in the last 8-9 months before game launch, SOE considered the game too hard core. At launch the average player did not have a computer up to the task of playing.

Today Vanguard is one of the best games on the market today. Unfortunately SOE has never made any effort to market the game and now the game will close in July. That is the reason I am here, in search of a old school hard core game.

I am not sure about Brad's drug use, Brad is a creative person, not a business centric person, he did make some bad choices. He will do fine with any future game as long as he is on the creative side of development... you guys are here, largely a game of his creation.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Orc

I also tested VG from back at the point where it was mostly Silky Venom tags running around and there was very little content actually opened and played it for probably 9 months after launch....

I agree with most of your assessment. The game was BRUTALLY hard to level in and such early on. Group mobs were much harder to kill than at launch, the leveling process took far longer, and early on there was even a wound system in place which progressively lowered your stat pools. As it got closer to launch, things got easier and easier. In addition, they had primarily tested 1-30 content. Then they made leveling easier again prior to launch and then shortly after launch had double exp weekends. They facilitated people BLOWING past the content they had actually tested.

I completely disagree with the assessment that the bugs were a result of the changes to dumb it down though. The higher end content simply wasn't tested. There were some game breaking bugs that were simply bugs. They never figured out their texturing whatsoever. I was one of the first to get to the hub in APW and did so without clearing the bosses. All I did was walk through a wall in the lobby turn on bard speed/lev song, run down on top of the hub, and /stuck. I then did this with a disciple and summoned people down and we were capable of clearing backwards or skipping the early bosses if we wanted. There were ANY NUMBER of places you could exploit by simply walking into the wall without much effort at all. I reported countless instances like this during beta and live and they were never addressed.

The botched their content due to dumbing it down, but that game was doomed due it's engine/graphics and its lack of proper Q&A regardless of its content, frankly. I can honestly say bard in Vanguard is one of the most fun classes I have ever played in ANY MMO and I've played dozens...but Vanguard was, simply put a catastrophic waste of potential.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yes, I agree on the post 30 content. I recall taking 180 hours to hit L-10. I loved the wound system, added a degree of realism. My first night on, took 15-minutes to make it 20 steps and I already had a high end computer from doing the F&F in EQ2 test. At the end of the day it was all the content changes, game size too large and SOE. With Vanguard closing I have had it with SOE and have no interest in EQnext.

The problem today is companies focus on massive size and player population. Vanguard was perfect for 200K old school centric game. I cut my teeth on Kesmai's Mega Wars III, Island of Kesmai and Kingdom of Drakkar (pre-internet) playing on CompuServe at $ 6.35 a hour for 300 bauds and 24.95 at 1200 bauds. I had a business account, so took a tax write off.

IOK was the first post mud graphic game and ran on HR Block main frames. Drakkar was the first 3-d graphic based game and is still around .

http://www.kingdomofdrakkar.com/

Both IOK and Drakkar, lair fights and high end raids had perm death if you lost, this after spending 2-3 thousand dollars to get high level enough to raid. Even a basic critter death meant a whole level loss.
Closed Thread