Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 02:54 AM
Planar Protector

Is anyone else concerned that the xp bonus will be too much? Don't hate me please.

Getting people to group in order to level very quickly will definitely result in that xping time being a quality community-building experience, but won't it continue to exacerbate the top-heavy problems we have now? Taken literally, exponential increases are a pretty massive bonus. I hope the devs are careful when implementing this, and they don't forget that the 1-50 level range is where the server needs the most help.

Everyone usually disagrees with me I know, but it still doesn't make sense that there would be any xp bonus at all 50-60 where it's easiest to find groups because that's where the majority of the server is at. I hope getting 60 will still take a significant amount of time.

Red99
Old 04-16-2014, 03:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EC should be non PVP so we can have a trading hub, especially if OOC is restricted.
Let's just make the whole server PvP restricted. That's the way this is headed anyway.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they don't call him master of guk for no reason, the guy has trolled an entire server into not going to guk u digg
Been bound in guk for months. Just don't care to log on when I'm making huge Diablo gains naw mean?
Old 04-16-2014, 09:50 AM
Banned

Diablo Lames
Old 04-16-2014, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulzSect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Diablo Lames
Ding Paragon 172
Old 04-16-2014, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is anyone else concerned that the xp bonus will be too much? Don't hate me please.

Getting people to group in order to level very quickly will definitely result in that xping time being a quality community-building experience, but won't it continue to exacerbate the top-heavy problems we have now? Taken literally, exponential increases are a pretty massive bonus. I hope the devs are careful when implementing this, and they don't forget that the 1-50 level range is where the server needs the most help.

Everyone usually disagrees with me I know, but it still doesn't make sense that there would be any xp bonus at all 50-60 where it's easiest to find groups because that's where the majority of the server is at. I hope getting 60 will still take a significant amount of time.
Conceptually you're correct. It's optimal to have lots of players across the leveling spectrum, pvp at all level ranges, guilds for the low tier / middle / end etc. However, as all MMO's have demonstrated, after a long enough time has passed the majority of the player base is max level. Those who join later often do so in an empty world where the action is all at the end game. The goal should therefore be, as many games have attempted with differing strategies, to catch these players up to the end game as quickly as possible.

This server is nearing three years of age with Kunark as the only expansion. Project 1999 is flawed by design. It's a content restricted project with an incredibly slow pace of further development. This makes the end game even more stacked and top heavy. The ideal world of hundreds of new players making friends and alliances on their beautiful journey to 60 is a mirage here. We may as well accept that and therefore speed up the journey.

I too yearn for a game with meaningful progression and packed lowbie zones. But that will come from a new MMO one day, not from project1999. (Unless they decide to make a discord server here, which I would permanently play over red99)
Old 04-16-2014, 10:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Project 1999 is flawed by design.

WHAT
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-16-2014, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twainz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ding Paragon 172
hows the pvp?
Old 04-16-2014, 10:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twainz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ding Paragon 172
Nice
Old 04-16-2014, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Almost every problem people cry about on both red and blue is directly linked to the same thing: that there isn't enough content to satiate the masses. The lack of content is what project1999 is predicated upon. In a normal MMO new content would come out every six months allowing top guilds to move on to the next expac, freeing up old content, which would allow tons of guilds to thrive, cut down on defections and cock blocks, keep people interested in playing the game, etc. But that's the point of project1999 that content after velious is deemed bad for a multitude of reasons. It seems though that a lack of content is equally damning.

I believe many of the design flaws of future expacs could be easily fixed with custom content / coding, to provide a decade + of enjoyable content. You could create factions in luclin like in velious, class specific armor quests, reduce exp modifiers in zones like paludal, modify AA's, remove the bazaar, lower stats on planes of power gear and mob power, remove the plane of knowledge and put the zone ins in other spots, make gates of discord zones non instanced, etc., etc. You can combat mudflation, fix abilities that are unfair in pvp, etc. Content isn't the enemy, content is king. Shrug. I'm just nervous that velious will be devoured so quickly here due to the incredibly long period between Kunark and velious combined with the knowledge we all have of velious now, that this project will become stale in quick fashion. With no new content to come, the death spiral will begin.