Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 11:12 PM
Sarnak

Default Thoughts on luclin?

Obviously, the common opinion is that luclin is not classic. However, once velious is out that's the end really. There will be no more content. I think part of what makes an mmo fun is just the concept or idea in your head that there will be more eventually. People want to keep raiding and gearing because they know some day velious will be out and there will be new challenges.

For nostalgia, luclin wouldn't be good. It changes a lot of things and starts to move away from classic eq to modern eq. But my question is: if you are playing project 1999 as a game, ignoring the nostalgia factor, but as an mmo because you like it as an mmo... would luclin make project 1999 the game better or worse overall?

More or less, project 1999 is the last place to play real everquest. Live is so butchered after 25 expansions that the game is not recognizable anymore. It is literally not everquest anymore. So if you want to play everquest, project 1999 is the last place. If luclin was to come to project 1999 in 3-4 years, would it be good or bad and why? I know there are probably a lot of bad reasons, I'm just curious to hear the negatives.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
..project 1999 is the last place to play real everquest..luclin..bad ..
Old 02-13-2014, 11:17 PM
Planar Protector

Not worth discussing, as the devs have stated, in no uncertain terms, that there will be no Luclin on Project 1999.

Now, once Velious (and all the patches after it like the Kunark Goblin Revamp) is complete, the have hinted at the possibility of custom content. And since they'll probably use some of the un-used zones from the Titanium pack as the basis for any custom content, that might mean that we get to see a custom version of a Luclin zone or two. But that's as close as we're going to get.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:17 PM
Sarnak

What I'm asking is, does luclin ruin everquest? This is just a thought I had driving home because tbh I do miss some of luclin, I just wanted to hear the reasons why.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just wanted to hear the reasons why.
I'd do some forum searching. I'm pretty sure the main issue that has been mentioned is that the lead developer has a (rational? irrational?) hatred for cats on the moon, and has vowed to never allow them in P99. Others have also expressed concerns with the spires, the pauldal caverns, and the bazaar destroying various aspects of classic EQ
Last edited by loramin; 02-13-2014 at 11:24 PM..
Old 02-13-2014, 11:22 PM
Sarnak

Completely goes against why this server was made and why we sought out to find one like this. I think it's absolutely silly to think about adding Luclin and further because after all most people say that's when what they have come to know and love was starting to be taken away or started to fade. For a huge amount of people "classic" and "pre-luclin" were the absolute selling points.

Bottom line, if people want to continue further and will be dissapointed when it doesn't then you should be playing on a different server knowing this ahead of time.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:22 PM
Banned

I believe luclin has too many no drops so loramin is against this as it hurts his RMT
Old 02-13-2014, 11:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd do some forum searching. I'm pretty sure the main issue that has been mentioned is that the lead developer has an (rational? irrational?) hatred for cats on the moon, and has vowed to never allow them in P99. Others have also expressed concerns with the spires, the pauldal caverns, and the bazaar destroying various aspects of classic EQ
I mainly just wanted to start an open discussion on it. Basically whether or not eq with luclin or without it is a better game overall, for curiosity sake.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:23 PM
Fire Giant

Yes it ruins EQ. It totally pulls you off of Norrath. I believe expansions should always build on the original content or uncover lost and deeper parts of it. Luclin is basically EQ 2.0.. New zones for 1-65, not just more raid content. Game changing features like PoK and bazaar that ruin social interaction. Do we really have to answer to another one of these posts?
Old 02-13-2014, 11:26 PM
Sarnak

This server is meant to be in the glory days and in it's prime so if it doesn't fall into these categories then it should not happen.
Closed Thread