Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

I just want the Frogs. screw the moon.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:46 PM
Large Rat

I was thinking once most people do all the raid content on these current expansions on P1999 what else can we do? i was thinking we could put the best of each expansion into the game at the same time line. (so if this server is still running in like 10 years we would get Underfoot) but leave the bad things. idk like in Luclin remove the Bazaar but keep the good raids? Cus think of it on this server once we get all the best gear and defeat every boss where do we go from there?
Old 09-26-2011, 05:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrocks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cus think of it on this server once we get all the best gear and defeat every boss where do we go from there?
The Old Republic?
Old 09-26-2011, 05:48 PM
Fire Giant

-Cats on the Moon was one of the worst concepts I have ever seen for a PC race.

-Snakes on the moon was meh, though it did follow continuity with Kunark.

-I really liked the tiered raiding concept with having to get the Emp key, then needing a piece off of Emp for VT.

-Twink items and really good droppable gear were a little too abundant.

-Bazaar killed a huge social aspect of the game. Nexus and it's areas in general were just dumb and were an unneeded timesink when the major spires could have just acted like a translocator to get to another one.

All in all....SoL was pretty bad.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just want the Frogs. screw the moon.
Legacy of Ykesha...by far the absolute WORST expansion ever released for any MMO.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Not sure how someone could possibly dislike Grieg's End, it was easily one of the best zones in Luclin. I hate boring copy/paste style dungeons, but the multiple generic looking hall/room feel of Grieg's End was the point. It was a crazy weird zone where players/mobs turned into random things, and full of creepy ass sounds. One of the most atmospheric and dark zones in EQ. It was also one of the most underutilized zones in Luclin so unfortunately not many got to see it except for spending 5 seconds inside after training from Dawnshroud.

Of couse eventually it was revamped and made into a hot zone / loot pinata and everything that was awesome about the zone was removed. I'm sorry if that's the version of Grieg's End any of you saw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

lol wut
Old 09-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennoia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Legacy of Ykesha...by far the absolute WORST expansion ever released for any MMO.
This is true, the only EQ expansion that actually implemented more bad changes than good ones. The only thing worth going to Ykesha for was some of the (extremely) few good new spells like Blood of Nadox.

Not worth maps, dyes, and all the other game-killing things that was in LoY. Even charms were dumb as hell. Camp a mob for hours for an extra 50 hp only on days that Bertoxxulous bathes.

Most people blame Luclin or PoP, but this expansion was single-handedly the beginning of the end for EverQuest. Yes, PoK travel was bad. But LoY was completely a WoW damage control expansion. Get lost? Here's maps. Don't like your purple hate armor? Dye it black or red like everyone else and destroy the integrity of item design. Don't want to wait to buy Torpor/Aegolism/Your Class's Ultra Rare Uber Spell? Go spend a couple hours in LoY to get a newbie version. Can't get a Blade of Carnage? Go camp the level 30 mob that drops a hate proc sword. Et cetera... this was also around the time that Sony was experimenting with instancing with Plane of Time, and embraced it fully with the next expansion (Lost Dungeons of Norrath which was the 2nd worst EQ expansion of all time).

lol wut
Old 09-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennoia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't want the expansion. I just want the frogs.

Gimme frogs.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Not to mention kicking trolls out of Grobb was duuuumb. And they didn't even get that right, there was a troll prisoner near the bank with like 10 hp that would give max exp every kill. Exploited the shit out of that for hours until the servers came down for an emergency hot fix right after LoY launch.

So the best thing about LoY was an exp exploit in Grobb that existed for like 6 hours [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

To be honest, LoY was the first MMO expansion available via direct download... which was great. Unfortunately none of the positives of LoY were really content/gameplay related.

lol wut
Old 09-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to mention kicking trolls out of Grobb was duuuumb. And they didn't even get that right, there was a troll prisoner near the bank with like 10 hp that would give max exp every kill. Exploited the shit out of that for hours until the servers came down for an emergency hot fix right after LoY launch.

So the best thing about LoY was an exp exploit in Grobb that existed for like 6 hours [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

To be honest, LoY was the first MMO expansion available via direct download... which was great. Unfortunately none of the positives of LoY were really content/gameplay related.
Yeah I didn't like trolls getting kicked out of Grobb either.

I'd rather just get Frogs, don't care if they start out in OoT fresh off a slave boat. Long as I could play one.

also <3 amelinda every time she turns me into one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread