Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

if there was gun control, and the loss of a right to conceal carry, events like this would never be able to take place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBjzdvSloG8

instead the world would be more like this poor woman... wondering what could have happened?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1u0B...ature=youtu.be
Old 07-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Sarnak

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/datablo...on-knife-crime

Ban guys and people start to get stabbed. So pick your posion guys.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikerz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Caridry, way to completely fail at knowing how the world works, and trying to prove your point with a stupid internet meme to boot.
I am intrigued, how does this world work? You seem to have it down pat on an internet forum sir =)
Old 07-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikerz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Caridry, way to completely fail at knowing how the world works, and trying to prove your point with a stupid internet meme to boot.
So yes, it was a meme, but is it not true? the man had tear gas, and bomb material... all of which is unobtainable to the average person. a federal offense to even possess, and there are no licenses to even allow the average civilian to possess such items... so, if there was a ban on guns, you honestly think he would not of been able to acquire them if he wanted to? the man was on a mission... look at people in mexico, the strictest gun laws in the world... they have a much higher gun related crime (and murder) rate than we do.

as for the man defending himself? im sure if you were a person being defended by that man, you would talk shit about him.

as far as the woman that lost her parents due to a gun ban, god forbid if something were to happen to your family, but if it ever did, i am sure your view would change as well.

edit: also look at sweden, 97% of residents have a gun, no special permits/permissions, they just let you, and they have some of the lowest gun crimes in the world.

So explain again my loss of how the world works? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Caridry; 07-23-2012 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: addition
Old 07-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lucky you paranoid fuck. No one is coming to take your "property, life, or liberty". No one cares about your meager shit.

Stop sounding like chicken little.
Naez is just too far gone. Crystal methamphetamine systematically destroys the human brain as displayed in his paranoid and schizophrenic behavior.

Dude must be high as fuck brew.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:45 AM
Sarnak

Ad hominem attacks are displeasing to this debate, I feel your ultra-liberal Marxist arguments have lost.

In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, who teaches my hands for war, and my fingers to fight.
(Psalms 143:12-144:1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
To be fair he is making $$, which I can't fault him for. If cheating gets you real money, go for it. Real money > pixels.
[10:53] <@Amelinda> he grabbed my ass and then i broke his nose.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 07-24-2012, 02:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HEY FUCK OFF BRO I LOVE BEING A SLAVE BECAUSE THROUGHOUT HISTORY ONLY SLAVES HAVE BEEN DISARMED

In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, who teaches my hands for war, and my fingers to fight.
(Psalms 143:12-144:1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
To be fair he is making $$, which I can't fault him for. If cheating gets you real money, go for it. Real money > pixels.
[10:53] <@Amelinda> he grabbed my ass and then i broke his nose.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:13 AM
Orc

What kind of person does something like this? It's not completely random. People who commit these crimes tend to be extreme social outcasts, sociopaths, psychopaths...

It's not like they're perfectly normal for their whole life, or even temporarily, and then all of a sudden they snapped and planned out a mass murder. Some would have us believe there's no explanation for any of this. But I don't believe this for a second. Most of these guys have multiple warning signs...red flags that no one in their life recognized or felt the need to investigate.

We need to change our values as a society. We should know the people in our lives, and actually care about them as human beings instead of treating them as just another number. We can and should make more efforts to identify people who are approaching or are currently in crisis situations and support them instead of leaving them to their own devices. But instead, we are too self-centered.

I am NOT expressing sympathy for the killer. Rather, I am offering a suggestion for how any/everyone of us can take action right now...to do something to help prevent this from happening to people we know and love. Praying is not going to solve anything. New laws will not solve the core problem. We have to take time to get to know the people around us and find out if they have issues and problems that they can't handle by themselves.

In other words, most of us will naturally take action if we know someone who is a danger to themselves or to others. But how can we take action if we don't know? And how are we going to know if we don't care? We won't. We'll find out after it's too late.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What kind of person does something like this? It's not completely random. People who commit these crimes tend to be extreme social outcasts, sociopaths, psychopaths...

It's not like they're perfectly normal for their whole life, or even temporarily, and then all of a sudden they snapped and planned out a mass murder. Some would have us believe there's no explanation for any of this. But I don't believe this for a second. Most of these guys have multiple warning signs...red flags that no one in their life recognized or felt the need to investigate.

We need to change our values as a society. We should know the people in our lives, and actually care about them as human beings instead of treating them as just another number. We can and should make more efforts to identify people who are approaching or are currently in crisis situations and support them instead of leaving them to their own devices. But instead, we are too self-centered.

I am NOT expressing sympathy for the killer. Rather, I am offering a suggestion for how any/everyone of us can take action right now...to do something to help prevent this from happening to people we know and love. Praying is not going to solve anything. New laws will not solve the core problem. We have to take time to get to know the people around us and find out if they have issues and problems that they can't handle by themselves.

In other words, most of us will naturally take action if we know someone who is a danger to themselves or to others. But how can we take action if we don't know? And how are we going to know if we don't care? We won't. We'll find out after it's too late.

I saw his old high school class mate that the extent of his interview was "Every time he was made fun of, he just sat there and smiled, he really never said anything."

really? the extent of his high school interviewees was how he was made fun of? most of been a cool life.

Just one question though (seriously). How can an unemployed college student living in the ghetto afford $24,000 in POLICE issued riot gear (no records of purchase.. yet), plus the $10k+ in bomb making material, $800 in the cocktail of prescription drugs he took, and buy all of this without a single red flag going off? but yet we cant say bomb on our cell phones without being surrounded by the FBI.