Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With the DDOS going on, are people still ae kiting so much? I'd be nervous to quad even.
As long as your in an open area and keep running and dont try to zone and run faster than whatever you were killing at the tiome you will live... 100% ... The onlt times i have died from ddos is when I tried to zone.. or was stuck in a dungeon where there wasnt much I could do.. except slowly watch my enchanter or tank die as my cast bar was greyed out and pet wouldnt listen to commands..
Old 07-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robdukes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The people who hate bard kiting are part of the reason this is so rampant now. Ever since those few threads recently that ended up being on the top of the new posts list constantly because everyone had to keep posting about it. Now I see bards everywhere and get random tells every time I log on asking for advice on swarming.
I am also not fully against the bard kiting I got 2 levels in 4 pulls from it from Tacite pling a group that included me..

He literally pulled 100 mobs at a time.. easily....
Old 07-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Sarnak

just root one of the mobs and go on your way. thats what i do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-26-2013, 08:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithel1988 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just root one of the mobs and go on your way. thats what i do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that accomplishes what? they would just keep running and leave the 1 rooted one in the dust...
Old 07-26-2013, 09:01 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazaa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This looks familiar... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My log said there were 221 mobs in the biggest pull we did, AND we were able to leave the people XPing at the fort alone completely - happy parties all around!
Last edited by tacite; 07-26-2013 at 09:05 AM..
Old 07-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazaa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that accomplishes what? they would just keep running and leave the 1 rooted one in the dust...
Yes, it does nothing. The mob will just return at some point and join his swarm if it's still alive. One mob is nothing to a bard. It is *possible* in a worst case scenario that it returns at exactly the wrong moment, gets a hit in and stuns the Bard, and his swarm destroys him. That's unlikely though.

If you really want to mess a swarming Bard up, fear bomb his kite.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0lkien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you really want to mess a swarming Bard up, fear bomb his kite.
This, bard aoe fear song = gg
Old 07-26-2013, 09:25 AM
Fire Giant

Actually, there's another way, but it involves drawing a casting mob onto the Bard, and I'm not sure if aggro works the same way here as it did on live. I saw a Necro do it in PoP, and was amazed. It involves aggroing a caster (preferably one that has root), healing the Bard as he/she goes by and then FDing (or zoning I guess - anything that drops you off the caster's aggro list). The caster should then go after the Bard.

SoWing random mobs is annoying too. Smart Bards can deal with it, but it annoying at the very least.
Last edited by t0lkien; 07-26-2013 at 09:29 AM..
Old 07-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AE kites should not be looked at because they will tax the visual processing power of your computer when it attempts to render all of the mobs at once.

The server does not waste resources in this way. It merely keeps track of where the mobs are and what they are doing. It does this at all times, so rounding them up will not increase the strain on the server at all.
true, but also keeps track of combat, stats, and spells being cast on them and whatnot. so the fact that every mob in a zone is being touched at the same time, you are now producing more work at exactly the same second. But this is not the cause of whats going on, just showing that it does in fact use up more resources than just monitoring where they are at any given time
Old 07-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
What if multiple players are doing this in different zones at the same time...
Once the lag spike hit, they would die immediately from the number of mobs