Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Since EQMac is in PoP, does that mean the hybrid experience penalty is gone?
Old 02-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I heard someone say either race or class penalties were still in effect... I think it was race, but I am uncertain. It is definately only one though.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its gone. My bard leveled pretty quickly.

This server is baller though.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Fire Giant

Love the game so far.
Some notes questions, for PC users

-First person, i get glitches playing in this view, so im forced to play in a diffrent view and not move my mouse, any way around this?

-Custom UI, possible? and if so where can i find a good one?

-Last but not least, anyone else having problems with the window overlay? its basicaly in window mode but wont let me interact with my desktop or vent unless i min it. ..any input would be great.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-Last but not least, anyone else having problems with the window overlay? its basicaly in window mode but wont let me interact with my desktop or vent unless i min it. ..any input would be great.
what version of windows? i know my vent wont work with eq open unless i run both as administrator when using windows 7.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Race exp penalties are in effect. Iksars are a bit of a pain to level. I believe AA exp is not affected by race though.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Fire Giant

hi, kender i run windows 7 64 bit. but i dont have issues running vent the issue i have is EQ doesnt act as a normal window, as in when i alt tab to different screens i have some issues with clicking on lets say a web page or even vent, it takes me some clicking on my desk top to get it to recognize that eq is now minmized and allow me to access other programs
Old 02-21-2012, 07:19 PM
Fire Giant

I am having issues initializing this, after I select server and hit "play everquest" the window goes black and freezes. Any ideas?
Old 02-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Sarnak

Running Vista 32bit. Followed the instructions to the T. First of all it tells me I only have 2gig of memory and I can't select more than 2 Luclin models (no issue). I can log in fine and select and join one of the two(?!) Al'Kabor servers. It loads for 3s and hits me with a Windows memory error even though I can hear the music playing during the loading screen process.

Has anyone run into this problem and fixed it?

Running on 16-bit color, turned off all fancy options including sound, tried different resolutions, created a brand new account. Nothing.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hi, kender i run windows 7 64 bit. but i dont have issues running vent the issue i have is EQ doesnt act as a normal window, as in when i alt tab to different screens i have some issues with clicking on lets say a web page or even vent, it takes me some clicking on my desk top to get it to recognize that eq is now minmized and allow me to access other programs
tried wineg2? (from lavishsoft, free to sign up) i have to run that in order to even get eq to work properly and not warp all over the place in super speedy mode. I had no issue on XP, but wouldn't work when i went to windows 7 64bit until i used wineq2

it handles window mode and dual core afinity for you. I run eq in windowed mode so i can have my browser beside it (for maps, ah tracker,quest info) or running movies while i grind. (wish i had a second monitor for all this crap but no room on my desk) so not sure if that makes a difference

p.s. forgot i was in the mac thread... no clue if Wineq2 works for the mac server or not. this is what i had to do for p99 to work
Last edited by Kender; 02-21-2012 at 07:32 PM..