Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 01:18 AM
Sarnak

Immersion > OOC
Old 10-01-2011, 01:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I signed up for classic EQ. It's fine that you want an easier MMO, but that's not what Project 1999 is about. You had VZTZ, and I'm sure that was a wonderful experience for you. What I'm looking for though, is what Rogean seems to have in mind. He got Blue99 right, let's see how Red goes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A logical person would say that compromises need to be made for a server that will have a population of a few hundred prime time emulating a game made for a few thousand prime time. Project 1999 works because its a blue server with 3-4 times the population we will have.

If we end up getting as many regular players as project 1999, then by all means turn it off. But driving the server into the ground because you don't want to compromise on a few things in the spirit of keeping it classic is just dumb.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimblerot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A logical person would say that compromises need to be made for a server that will have a population of a few hundred prime time emulating a game made for a few thousand prime time. Project 1999 works because its a blue server with 3-4 times the population we will have.

If we end up getting as many regular players as project 1999, then by all means turn it off. But driving the server into the ground because you don't want to compromise on a few things in the spirit of keeping it classic is just dumb.
How can you be so sure global ooc would save the server from dying? I could just as easily say that global ooc is going to kill the server because a large percentage of the playerbase would feel alienated/disgusted/bored by the conversation that goes on there. No one wants to hear, "If you don't like it just turn it off."
Old 10-01-2011, 01:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How can you be so sure global ooc would save the server from dying? I could just as easily say that global ooc is going to kill the server because a large percentage of the playerbase would feel alienated/disgusted/bored by the conversation that goes on there. No one wants to hear, "If you don't like it just turn it off."
You could say that, but I think you can logically deduce that a large, empty pvp server with a population max of 300 instead of the intended 2000 with no global chat is more likely to push people away than a chat option you can filter on and off at your disposal. P99 works without it because it has a larger playerbase and no pvp.

But the entire point of this post was to keep it in to test out how it works. You don't like it so you're making up every argument you can against it. I don't particularly care for reading some of the crap that is said there either, but I think it's at least worth looking in to.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

^circular reasoning
Old 10-01-2011, 02:06 AM
Kobold

Just turn it off bro.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimblerot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you can logically deduce that a large, empty pvp server with a population max of 300 instead of the intended 2000
2000?? wow
Old 10-01-2011, 02:19 AM
Kobold

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EverQuest

"Multiple instances of the world exist on various servers. In the past, game server populations were visible during log-in, and showed peaks of more than 3000 players per server."

Pvp servers were never as popular as blue ones, hence why I undercut it. Sup bro?
Old 10-01-2011, 02:29 AM
Fire Giant

I just find it funny that you are expecting 2000 players for R99 when P99 at kunark launch didnt reach 2000
Old 10-01-2011, 02:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just find it funny that you are expecting 2000 players for R99 when P99 at kunark launch didnt reach 2000
K now you're definitely trolling. NO ONE is that retarded.
Closed Thread