Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 11:35 AM
Aviak

Default Petition / Exploit Forum

Hiya,

actually I wanted to post something in the Petition forum since I witnessed someone cheating yesterday. However I seem to not be allowed to post in that forum.

What should I do?

Cheers,
Cory
Old 09-09-2014, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

You could /petition in game.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

You need to get a certain number of post count. Like 10.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:07 AM
Aviak

Ah, got it. Thank you!
Old 09-10-2014, 04:32 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need to get a certain number of post count. Like 10.
not sure if this is new or not, but i dont remember this being so.

if you can't submit a post in the petition section, it may be because your account is not registered.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Fire Giant

You should post any information with names in the rants and flames section. Cheaters won't be tolerated and thus the punishment from the masses will out weigh any actions GMs will take.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

yes, give us all the deets right here
Old 09-11-2014, 01:18 AM
Aviak

Alright. So, there was this guy 2 days ago in East Commonlands. He picked me up at Nektulos zone line to bring me to his group at Orc Camp 1. He was nice and all but he was running at insane speed. I was SoW'ed and still couldn't keep up with him by far. He was kind of mini-teleporting in the direction he ran, so it was not a smooth running. He was a cleric (however he was way faster than the fastest bard I ever saw).

So I ask him what was going on with his run speed and he replied he didn't know. Sometimes he would be insanely fast and sometimes he would be really slow, he said.

Well, I still don't know what the truth is but it definitely is an exploit or even cheat running THAT fast. He could have agroed the whole zone (he was level 6) and still run away safely.

If you guys think this is worth reporting I can post his character name.
Last edited by Corydon; 09-11-2014 at 01:39 AM..
Old 09-11-2014, 03:18 AM
Planar Protector

I don't remember if it was on a vztz box or red beta I experienced this on. But bard speed would come and go. 1 second I was really fast the next I just slowed down. But that being said I don't experience anymore. So it might have been a different box. Otherwise it would be a known bug by now.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corydon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alright. So, there was this guy 2 days ago in East Commonlands. He picked me up at Nektulos zone line to bring me to his group at Orc Camp 1. He was nice and all but he was running at insane speed. I was SoW'ed and still couldn't keep up with him by far. He was kind of mini-teleporting in the direction he ran, so it was not a smooth running. He was a cleric (however he was way faster than the fastest bard I ever saw).

So I ask him what was going on with his run speed and he replied he didn't know. Sometimes he would be insanely fast and sometimes he would be really slow, he said.

Well, I still don't know what the truth is but it definitely is an exploit or even cheat running THAT fast. He could have agroed the whole zone (he was level 6) and still run away safely.

If you guys think this is worth reporting I can post his character name.
Are you sure your graphics where stuttering and making it seem like he was faster cause of dual core issue where it speeds stuff up?