Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 02:46 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Bard Kiting 24 - 30

I've gotten my bard up to 24 in OT and the lower level fields are now starting to turn green there. I'm trying to find the next good spot for AE kiting but I haven't been able to find anything significant.

I've tried kiting centaurs in SK but it seems like their hitboxes are way too bug to be strafe kited (especially with the chargers). Everytime I get just close enough to DOT them, they stun and kill me.

I've heard about some people kiting in LOIO around this level but haven't tried it yet. Anyone have some advice for this level range?
Old 09-21-2014, 01:03 AM
Fire Giant

Get to 25 and go to LOIO, pull skeletons and iksar bandits between the windmill and the sarnak fort. Sarnaks and goblins are also doable, but there are casters that will social and some mobs have SoW.

Some of the skeletons will be deep red, but you should still be able to land your DOTs.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:10 AM
Planar Protector

I loved SK for 24 to 30. Fantastic zone.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:32 AM
Sarnak

I did 24-26 in SK at paw gnoll or aviaks....than i headed to FV and did pirates in the drolvarg area.....
Old 09-21-2014, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

SK kinds sucks because the mob level varies so much.

The aviaks for example, the highest avocets can't be DoTed in the 23-25 range. The egrets are green and they run faster than all the other aviaks so you have to kill them first.

The splitpaw gnolls are good so if they are uncamped you can add them to your kite.

But the centaurs have a bigger hitbox and Runspeed so you can't add them.

I did a kite or two in LoIO and it is decent but if you aggro a single goblin caster or the roaming iksar guard, you're screwed. So be careful about what you're aggroing.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

Loio is decent. But sk is where its at. Just pull everything. There are no casters anyway. I pull everything to that big open spot next to aviaks and when all I had left were reds just zone over to lake rathe.
Closed Thread