Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrich [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want expansions past velious than you don't understand what all the classic everquest fans have wanted for years and years. EVERY OTHER SERVER has those expansions just play on one of them.
^this. Why can't there be one (and only one) EQ server in the world that only goes through Velious, without people lobbying for it to open up the later expansions.

Let's say that happens (which it won't), and then someone else creates a classic-to-Velious only server. Will you join THAT server next, and start asking for IT to go beyond Velious also?

Sorry if this is flamey - I don't really intend it to be like that. I just don't understand why this keeps coming up. They aren't going past Velious already. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Aviak

Yeah because all the folks who raid are gona be content to keep raiding the same content over and over and over?

I know if i happen to raid i wont like it.

Let's face it no server can exist without some sort of advancement. At one point folks will get tired of it if there is no new content.

If you think that's not true, just try to restrict yourself to a certain level and a certain zone. Eventually you will want to see and do more. That's just human nature and that's how we are. It is what makes us human, without that desire to do more, to be something greater we would never have explored other countries, never tried to sail around the world or go to the moon or beyond.

It's as true in life as it is true in a MMO.

Being stuck in Velious might be fun for a while but eventually folks will be tired and want more.

My ride
Old 05-13-2010, 10:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senadin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah because all the folks who raid are gona be content to keep raiding the same content over and over and over?

I know if i happen to raid i wont like it.

Let's face it no server can exist without some sort of advancement. At one point folks will get tired of it if there is no new content.

If you think that's not true, just try to restrict yourself to a certain level and a certain zone. Eventually you will want to see and do more. That's just human nature and that's how we are. It is what makes us human, without that desire to do more, to be something greater we would never have explored other countries, never tried to sail around the world or go to the moon or beyond.

It's as true in life as it is true in a MMO.

Being stuck in Velious might be fun for a while but eventually folks will be tired and want more.
I understand that - I really do. I know people who feel this way and are on Live, and they just don't understand why I am playing here. That's totally cool.

I just don't understand why you would be here if you feel that way. I'm sorry, but as the devs have stated over and over, this server is stopping at Velious. I'm not sure if it's denial or just daydreaming or what.

Again I really am just curious. Why would you play here if you KNOW that are going to get bored? All other servers go past Velious, so you have lots and lots of better options that have lots and lots and lots of expansions.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Aviak

I am here plain and simple because this server has the most population.

Because it is the server i believe that is closer to the start and therefore i can grow with the server and even tho i started much later than anyone else, i can still catch up.

I am here because even tho the devs have said they will stop at Velious i dont believe they will actually do it. It isnt a matter of me not trusting them but rather the fact that (i believe) they will do what the player base will more than likely want. I dont believe folks will want it to stay at Velious.

Having said that, i am enjoying myself and if i become bored because they *happen* to keep their word and stay at Velious then eventually i will quit plain and simple. Not because i would personally support a Luclin expansion that i am not allowed to be here! heck i donated 50$ to support them mere days after i joined and i am still only level 15. So it has to count for something? I'll enjoy the game as long as i can and if it becomes boring i'll quit. I am aware of the parameters set for the servers and tho they arent what i would do, i accept them. If they change, i'll advise and deal with it then.

Until then, is it ok with anyone if i play here? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My ride
Old 05-13-2010, 10:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server will stop at velious. At that point we may consider opening a second server starting from the beginning again, but this is still a while away (2 years atleast).
Wait so what happens when that server hits the end of its line? Open up a third?

Yes, I must plan for this happenstance 4 years in advance, even though all manners of possibilities exist in terms of what may happen in that time.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senadin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am here plain and simple because this server has the most population.

Because it is the server i believe that is closer to the start and therefore i can grow with the server and even tho i started much later than anyone else, i can still catch up.

I am here because even tho the devs have said they will stop at Velious i dont believe they will actually do it. It isnt a matter of me not trusting them but rather the fact that (i believe) they will do what the player base will more than likely want. I dont believe folks will want it to stay at Velious.

Having said that, i am enjoying myself and if i become bored because they *happen* to keep their word and stay at Velious then eventually i will quit plain and simple. Not because i would personally support a Luclin expansion that i am not allowed to be here! heck i donated 50$ to support them mere days after i joined and i am still only level 15. So it has to count for something? I'll enjoy the game as long as i can and if it becomes boring i'll quit. I am aware of the parameters set for the servers and tho they arent what i would do, i accept them. If they change, i'll advise and deal with it then.

Until then, is it ok with anyone if i play here? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey if you want to be here, more power to you. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I do think you are mistaken in your belief that the player base will want to continue opening expansions. And even *IF* a very vocal minority were asking for more expansions to be opened -- I am completely confident Rogean, Nilbog, and co. understand that that is what happened on Live. And it's why most of us are here, and not on Live.

Anyway, best of luck to you and have fun!
Old 05-14-2010, 12:10 AM
Orc

Rogean still plays on live [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-14-2010, 12:14 AM
Project Manager

Nilbog most certainly doesn't. You are safe.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:29 AM
Aviak

Why Debate, the world is going to end in 2010, enjoy Kunark, and maybe Velious!
Old 05-14-2010, 12:47 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why Debate, the world is going to end in 2010, enjoy Kunark, and maybe Velious!
Bah! I thought the end was due in 2012? I was planning a big party for that December to celebrate the Armageddon.
Closed Thread