Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

Default What attitudes and philosophies do you hate in P1999?

^
Old 01-26-2015, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

1-GMs not taking responsibility for their mistakes/bad decisions and then not doing a thing to fix the awful community/endgame they set up

2-GMs acting angry and confused that they have to spend 50% of their time babysitting/petitionquest with end game guilds, when it is them who set up the raid system this way

3-Idiots who don't understand that NBG is greedy

4-People who think that waking up at 5AM to log in their characters already at character select is called "Competing" and that the ability to do this the fastest (or own a solid state drive) makes them superior
Last edited by harnold; 01-26-2015 at 02:35 PM..
Old 01-26-2015, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

This RnF yet?
Old 01-26-2015, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by harnold [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3-Idiots who don't understand that NBG is greedy

Seriously this. I don't understand this concept AT all. Especially when they act like you're the greedy one because you insist that everyone /roll because it is the most fair and just way to handle loot. If we all do an equal part in the kill, we all should get equal part in a chance at the lewts. Just because a caster can't use the uber haste belt doesn't mean the caster can't sell or trade the belt in EC to better equip themselves. NBG is such a biased and flawed concept if the item can be traded.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 01-26-2015 at 02:48 PM..
Old 01-26-2015, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously this. I don't understand this concept AT all. Especially when they act like you're the greedy one because you insist that everyone /roll because it is the most fair and just way to handle loot. If we all do an equal part in the kill, we all should get equal part in a chance at the lewts. Just because a caster can't use the uber haste belt doesn't mean the caster can't sell or trade the belt in EC to better equip themselves. NBG is such a biased and flawed concept if the item can be traded.
This argument has been being made (and ignored) since forever. Pretty sure I saw t first on alt.games.everquest in 1999, no doubt it was already old then.

The thing to remember is that, while NBG is a terrible loot distribution system, it's a fantastic social ice-breaker and guild recruitment tool. If you're being purely mercenary, /ran everything and hug your self-righteousness tight to try to keep warm in the cold, cold world of PixelQuest. If you're trying to make friends, be ready to NBG pretty much anything that isn't a really big deal.

But... Never, ever, EVER, trust anybody who claims NBG for themselves, I haven't met one yet who was honest. NBG is something that must be given, if NBG is being claimed as a rationale to take loot you can bet it's pure selfish greed and probably involves multiple lies.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:27 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This argument has been being made (and ignored) since forever. Pretty sure I saw t first on alt.games.everquest in 1999, no doubt it was already old then.

The thing to remember is that, while NBG is a terrible loot distribution system, it's a fantastic social ice-breaker and guild recruitment tool. If you're being purely mercenary, /ran everything and hug your self-righteousness tight to try to keep warm in the cold, cold world of PixelQuest. If you're trying to make friends, be ready to NBG pretty much anything that isn't a really big deal.

But... Never, ever, EVER, trust anybody who claims NBG for themselves, I haven't met one yet who was honest. NBG is something that must be given, if NBG is being claimed as a rationale to take loot you can bet it's pure selfish greed and probably involves multiple lies.
Its easier to just pass on your roll giving the person who legit needs th item a better shot at it. This is for lower end items, high end items should always be rolled on, unless you are grouping exclusively for a camp, in which case once you get your hiero or fungi or whatever you should pass until everyone has it.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:32 PM
Kobold

Instance on "classic" instead of making the game better.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its easier to just pass on your roll giving the person who legit needs th item a better shot at it. This is for lower end items, high end items should always be rolled on, unless you are grouping exclusively for a camp, in which case once you get your hiero or fungi or whatever you should pass until everyone has it.
Or roll and if you win give it to the person
Old 01-26-2015, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

• (Grouper in OT) Bard is in OT. He is the reason for my terrible exp gain in this ramp group even though there are plenty of rhinos and tigers around. Not because OT is a horrible zone to group in. Time to petition without talking to him OR shout in OOC
  • (Enchanter) I have to use my highest level Mez because clearly it's the best. Also because lower level mezzes get resisted more. (Glamour/Rapture excluded) --- no you noobs, Mesmerize is an Enchanter's best spell until ToT. It is so OP it is ridiculous. The memblur component alone really should be nuked. Was never that high on live.
  • (Druid/Enchanter/Necro) I'm bad at charming and don't want to learn how to be better.
  • (Anyone) I know the best way and won't listen to other people's ways of doing things.
  • (GMs) 16 Hour Variance is a good idea
  • (Class C and R Neckbeard's) I have fun Poopsocking things weekly.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Luclin graphic hate is so strong here I'm positive its glow off the monitor causes some people physical pain.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread