Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 12:04 AM
Planar Protector

Nobody has made a counter argument yet and we're mid way through page 3.

Angarr blew a hole in the USS Phinigel, it won't sink as long as there's enough people to plug the holes... but how long before people give it up as a lost cause.

SOE did this for years (shut down older servers by bringing out new ones)...examples include Mayong, the first Trakanon server and what'll soon happen to the older TLP servers most likely.

Daybreak carried it on of course.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody has made a counter argument yet and we're mid way through page 3.

Angarr blew a hole in the USS Phinigel, it won't sink as long as there's enough people to plug the holes... but how long before people give it up as a lost cause.

SOE did this for years (shut down older servers by bringing out new ones)...examples include Mayong, the first Trakanon server and what'll soon happen to the older TLP servers most likely.

Daybreak carried it on of course.
Nobody is arguing. A lot of us want to play on Agnarr that played on Phinny. We have no problem moving. Good times were had, now it's time to go to where we all really wanted to be in the first place. You started the made up argument by yourself you fuckin' headcase. Seek help.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't have some kind of weird emotional attachment to my video game avatars that makes me have a mental breakdown at the thought of retiring them and switching to a new server.
I do. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-25-2017, 09:06 AM
Fire Giant

Swish do you honestly believe the BS you say or are you trolling? I thought you were trolling for awhile, but I'm not sure anymore.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkemi5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swish do you honestly believe the BS you say or are you trolling? I thought you were trolling for awhile, but I'm not sure anymore.
Swish isn't trolling. He actually gets mad when other people are having fun.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not one person (in this awful subforum for a pretty niche elf-sim for a 17 year old game ) is jumping ship from P99 to relive express LDON with super fast AA rates and other trivialized content so far.
ftfy hth
Old 04-25-2017, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ This
I thoroughly enjoyed it and I don't have some kind of weird emotional attachment to my video game avatars that makes me have a mental breakdown at the thought of retiring them and switching to a new server.
You may not be emotionally attached to your avatar, but you're definitely emotionally attached to the game itself if you're restarting fresh on your third server in as many years of the exact same video game.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

classic is classic for a reason... I don't see what the problem is with people enjoying a game they like in all aspects of it... if you are talking about "achievements" brainwashing? type line then I could see a correlation... it is 2017 though... it's all fekked...
Old 04-25-2017, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

oh wait i forgot to read more than a few words again...
Old 04-26-2017, 03:02 AM
Planar Protector

Well there's your answer Daldean... nobody cares enough about LDON, they'd rather shoot the guy who asked the question for you.

Guess most people are going to Agnarr or staying here rather than embracing limited appeal instanced missions that probably caused hundreds of thousands of players to quit. There really wasn't enough to do, or enough items worth grinding for back on live at the time.

You have fun though. Now might be the time to box more characters <3
Closed Thread