Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

I tend to hit LOIO windmill area around 22 and skyrocket to about 30 (and then go to Sarnak fort) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The wiki ZEM page is wrong, don't trust it. LOIO is definitely not 75%.

Sol A is fun but tight. Might need to bring your own group to both there and Uguk. There are usually people there, though.

Unrest can actually be taken to like...40 or something...but who seriously wants to be trapped in that smelly mansion for 20+ levels?

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 01-25-2017, 06:12 PM
Kobold

If you're evil, go to The Overthere, get a bind in town, and run over to the WW zoneline road. Set up camp there to kill the wandering cacti, cockatrices, rhinos, and cats. They drop great salable loot. The spot can last through 25-26ish, then you might want to relocate closer to the town for the higher level ones. You can also move along to South Karana and kill aviaks by then.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Pickup group zones 20+ are

FoB to 10
Kurns to 15
Blackburrow to 12sh
Crushbone to 17ish
Unrest to 30ish
Mistmoore to 40
SolB to 55ish
City of Mist to 50ish
Karnor to 55
Sebilis to 60

All other zones are either bring your own group or get lucky to find one.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcwrestling [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Upper Guk zem is close to befallen which is the highest in the game I believe (?)
Guk usually has people to group with but isn't crowded these days.
Sola is great and probably about as populated as Guk.
Yeah the ZEM is huge on the wiki. Upper and Lower Guk sound fun to group in too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tend to hit LOIO windmill area around 22 and skyrocket to about 30 (and then go to Sarnak fort) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The wiki ZEM page is wrong, don't trust it. LOIO is definitely not 75%.

Sol A is fun but tight. Might need to bring your own group to both there and Uguk. There are usually people there, though.

Unrest can actually be taken to like...40 or something...but who seriously wants to be trapped in that smelly mansion for 20+ levels?
Yeahh, I noticed the 75% ZEM and was immediately hesitant to trek out to LOIO. Maybe it is off idk? Upper Guk seems like the spot to be for grouping w/ decent xp.

Agreed with Unrest, after a few levels I would rather find other zones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're evil, go to The Overthere, get a bind in town, and run over to the WW zoneline road. Set up camp there to kill the wandering cacti, cockatrices, rhinos, and cats. They drop great salable loot. The spot can last through 25-26ish, then you might want to relocate closer to the town for the higher level ones. You can also move along to South Karana and kill aviaks by then.
ERU, but I haven't seen Overthere zone yet. I'm planning on taking my Iksar there, as well as to a few other evil convenient zones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pickup group zones 20+ are

FoB to 10
Kurns to 15
Blackburrow to 12sh
Crushbone to 17ish
Unrest to 30ish
Mistmoore to 40
SolB to 55ish
City of Mist to 50ish
Karnor to 55
Sebilis to 60

All other zones are either bring your own group or get lucky to find one.
Great list - Would you include HHP and HHK on the list of actively grouped?
Old 01-25-2017, 09:23 PM
Fire Giant

There are always people in mistmoore. Problem you have at 20-24 is you can only do one camp (pond) and its pretty much permacamped so if they dont need you then you have to wait.

20-24 There are much better places.

Upper guk near the lguk zoneline is excellent. can zone if you get in trouble and higher level chars come through you can buy services from. There are always people in this zone but its never packed and pick up groups are not always available.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:42 PM
Kobold

Upper Guk zone line to Lguk by far! You will level every 1-2 hours. Groups can be hard to find sometimes but I did 20-27 in just a couple days. Even high greens still give decent XP at 27 although it slows down a bit. I would love to stay in this zone a bit longer and do Lord area but I need a group and it seems everyone just does Mistmoore. Kind of disappointing.
Last edited by Thanakos; 01-25-2017 at 11:48 PM..
Old 01-26-2017, 09:04 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auuken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, get out of here with that cliche bullcrap. Even if it is all about the journey, I personally enjoy progression, new content and pace in my personal "journey", which is my I created this post and included ZEM. /rant I hear that all the time, I've even said it before. But it's like telling a jogger to start walking because it's not the proper way to move.

Also, the reason I'm playing P99 is to experiance new zones and content past level 40. Maybe yours is different, maybe everyones is a bit different. My main in Classic EQ was ~40 and I started a ton of alts to see different areas. So a lot of the zones i'm doing now are reruns.

Thanks for the LOIO input though, and I apologize for the rant.
You're gonna fit right in with the neckbeard / poopsock crowd. Welcome !
Old 01-26-2017, 06:31 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're gonna fit right in with the neckbeard / poopsock crowd. Welcome !
Great! Thanks for joining my discussion on 20-24 fast leveling zones and criticizing my playstyle. The personal attack was also a nice touch, very classy, thanks for chiming in friend.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:17 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auuken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, get out of here with that cliche bullcrap.
Pot.. meet kettle
Old 04-22-2017, 04:24 PM
Kobold

A long time ago I used to take a boat from Freeport to Butcher Block and then to Firiona Vie and then run away from the spiders to get to Lake of Ill Omen. Started by Windmill and by the time I left Sarnak Fort I think I was Level 28. Then went to Frontier Mountains to kill giants.
Closed Thread