Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 12:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLP will have double the amount of players as p99... phinny i could see even having x3 more people playing. I grouped my entire way from 1-65, always having a full group.

p99 has far less players.
Well, thats disappointing, however the "instance" system might make up for it.

Right now I can't enjoy p99 at all because anything I want to solo is camped 24/7, making it very NOT fun right now.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:32 PM
Kobold

It lists their differences, for the most part, on the official Agnarr FAQ. You mentioned most of the big changes, though Kronos isn't a currency exactly, it's a game-time token. I don't know if they have a working cash shop on TLP servers.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/.../#post-3527110

Several zones are revamped, unless they revert them, not just FP. EC/WC, Ro, Nek and LS will all have their graphical 'enhancements'. Post mob/itemization revamps upon launch will be Splitpaw, CT, Fear and Hate. VP says original pop but no death restrictions.

Soulbinders in every city to bind melee.

No player corpses, which seems an oddly huge thing to change about EQ.

Coin has no weight.

Advanced loot system.

Augments are in on day 1 and there are augment vendors in cities to "balance the disparity between caster and melee."

Pet power revamp. Not sure exactly what this entails but they outline pets zoning/being invisible and bosses getting a buff to counter pet swarming.

Etc etc.. there's some minor stuff like spell research being altered and being able to right click spells to memorize them. Stuff that doesn't effect the feel of the game much for most people.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:34 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

good to see dbg attempting community outreach with this brand of nerd. godspeed naive_developr107.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can use krono to play.
You can buy krono with cash.
You can trade krono with players.
So, the economy is based heavily around krono, considering, yknow, krono enables play (or your own cash)

So...You can buy krono, and trade it for anything else that is normally trade-able (and probably loot rights, etc)

Now, The next argument will be "But you can only use it for subscriptionszzz111!!!!

Yeah, but you can be 100% fucking sure that its opened up a "black market" for krono. You can probably find krono cheaper than what you can find it from the server store from illegitimate sources.

"But I don't use those sources so it doesn't matter to me!"
"Those people get banned!"

Yeah, and?
The market revolves around krono, the server prints krono, sells them to players. Some use them, some trade them, some farm like old *insert nationality here* gold farmers on WOW [and trade for krono]. Even if they DO get banned, the market is still fucked, server still gets their cash, and prints new krono. It's actually beneficial for the gold farm mentality to the server owners, because the small percentage of people that they catch and ban, the server is essentially refunding themselves the krono they inflated the market with, without having to give back the money that was originally paid for the krono.

Good for the bottom line, terrible game.
Shameless self quote from the mcdonalds thread

Not interested in a server that promotes RMT

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:22 PM
Orc

What are augments and how exactly do they balance out casters and melees?
Old 04-25-2017, 03:17 PM
Sarnak

augs are inserted into gear and have specific 'type' slots. Range from +hp, +mana, +dmg +spell casting % dmg ect.

here is a tool to look at LDoN augs
http://www.cardplace.com/eq/ldon/list.cgi
Chillout - Enc
Worlds - War
Old 04-25-2017, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aGenda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are augments and how exactly do they balance out casters and melees?
They are items you put in your items so you can item your items while you farm your items.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are items you put in your items so you can item your items while you farm your items.
A+ sir.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:10 PM
Fire Giant

Main turn off for me is ZERO GM presence. You can basically train all day, and nothing will ever happen. Also there is no such thing as KS'n on a TLP server due to daybreak stating "everything will be a dps race". Which translates to "we don't have the resources to police our servers so your on your own"

Also as someone else stated, yes a lot of high end items will be camped in multiple instances for people to sell for Krono's.

Another thing that bothers me is the amount of hacks that are on live servers. Like someone said previously, nearly everyone used ShowEQ. Some also use MacroQuest as well. And before someone says that's is untrue because "MacroQuest dev's don't support the TLP servers" yes that is true, but that don't mean you can't write your own code for it to work on them. I know for a fact because a close friend of mine uses it on them.

TLDR, if you can sometimes deal with training, KS'n, and some people using hacks, then TLP might be for you.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

bidding my time until pantheon alpha. those of you that go to agnarr, please do enjoy.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread