Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is it a bad one? He was a christian fanatic, ready to blow up lots of people for what he thought was his battle of good vs evil. Sound familiar?

When i say racist, its because the hate is directed toward an ethnic group. Yes, islam is a religion, but alot of its practionners are in the minds of those type of americans, the middle eastern, pakistani, huh, you know, those brown turban bearded guys. (right, the sikhs.) The hate doesnt restrict itself to a religion, it has a more broad range, which is why im using the word racism, and not bigotry.
its ironic, but by lumping all muslims into a single ethnic group you, yourself, are now in fact being a rascist and ignorant. there are muslims from all races all over the globe and you minimize them with your statement.

using the word rascist to describe the hatred of muslims is just ignorant.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Banned

This mosque is an insult.

Legally barring this mosque from being erected is obviously unconstitutional. The two possible outcomes of the conservative outrage over this: a.) stop the mosque in an act of oppression, giving global validation to the idea we're evil anti-Islam heathens, or b.) fail to violate the constitution and stop the mosque, thus giving bloody Islam a cultural victory.

This is a real-life, multimillion dollar troll. Dolt conservatives have fallen for it, and the United States have already lost this small battle.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This mosque is an insult.

Legally barring this mosque from being erected is obviously unconstitutional. The two possible outcomes of the conservative outrage over this: a.) stop the mosque in an act of oppression, giving global validation to the idea we're evil anti-Islam heathens, or b.) fail to violate the constitution and stop the mosque, thus giving bloody Islam a cultural victory.

This is a real-life, multimillion dollar troll. Dolt conservatives have fallen for it, and the United States have already lost this small battle.
there is a third option, that i think is actually very likely:

the people who wanted to build there will voluntarily move elsewhere, even though they don't have to do so. to me, this would show a compassion that is above and beyond anything they have an obligation to do, which would go a long way in terms of helping to open dialog with ignorant people and actually improve relations between the two factions involved.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Aviak

"The War on Terror" 1095 A.D.-
Old 09-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Aviak

[Warning: Post only for individuals on higher planes of thinking. Users unable to imbibe information contained in chunks longer than a text message or Facebook status update are advised to skip over for purposes of TL;DR, and to continue with the filling of their dirty gym sock]

Give me a fucking break. The "logic" behind the opposition to this construction project is as amorphous as the explanations its adherents use to defend it, trying their best to conceal their profound ignorance and/or bigotry all the while. If there is A SINGLE cogent argument against the completion of this center, it's been awfully afraid to show itself. Furthermore, the wording and rhetoric being thrown around in discussions of this "news" is so obviously crafted for demagoguery that anyone with half a brain completely tuned out coverage and checked facts for themselves.

Let's see:

Mosque. Powerful image in the US citizens' psyche. Minarets piercing the sky, the singing of daily prayers, bearded Imams shuffling about. Questionable though polling may be, recent Pew research indicates a general disdain for Muslims in the US, with 4 in 10 having an unfavorable view toward followers of Islam. I'll assume everyone has a very good idea in their heads as to which partisans those people are likely to be. A perfectly charged word to be bouncing around in the mediasphere, for some. Too bad it's bogus. A prayer room or chapel in a hospital... makes the hospital a church? No, not really. A prayer room in an Islamic Community Center is, that's right, also not a MOSQUE. But the energizing of a certain base for a certain spate of upcoming elections, and the hopes that a certain political seachange in a certain legislative institution will take place make that word strategically stupid to ignore. I've worked briefly in a Jewish Community Center and first of all, it's just simply not called a synagogue and doing so is flagrantly misleading, and second, frankly, persistently referring to the physical building as a synagogue would make you sound like what you probably are, an ignorant tool. A completely relevant statement on the website of such a center states:

Quote:
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Buffalo is just that…a COMMUNITY Center. Membership is open to all members of our community without regard to race, age, gender, religious preference, marital or economic status.(Note: Emphasis theirs)

Ground Zero. Even more of an explosive image (pun totally intended)! It's so emotionally charged that there were way more of you who just got pissed off reading that than who thought it was funny. Point made. Though again, totally bogus with regard to the proposed construction project. Most major media outlets took the bait, or simply hooked it themselves, when this "story" first climbed its way out of the sewers of the conservative-conspiracy nut blogosphere. 'Ground Zero Mosque' was everywhere. It was everywhere because it glued eyes to TV sets and fingers to pages, not because it was at all true. And it's not.

There is no fucking ground zero mosque, nor is there a ground zero islamic community center.

This brings us to the two loudest forms of vomit spewing from the mouths of the project's opponents...

1) Proximity: Stop the ground zero mosque! Ok, ok, ok, it's not actually 'ON' ground zero itself, but it's TOO CLOSE! This islamic center is simply TOO CLOSE to ground zero! Right. And then people, even people as moronic as Chris Matthews, pressed with the obvious question - How far is far enough? Additionally, how can the resultant anti-Mosque (read: anti-Muslim/brown person) sentiment spilling over in cities across the country be explained through "proximity" to New York? This, of course, was met with much stuttering and behind-the-scenes strategy changes to steer away from such a bullshit argument. Which brings us to the next phase...

2) Wisdom: This is my favorite. I just fucking love this one. It so paralyzed Democrats that even Reid became willingly strung along for fear of losing the slim margin of white voter support that Biden managed to secure for the presidential win, a margin that conservatives have been successfully whittling away at for the past year. So the argument goes, "Of course NOBODY says they don't have the RIGHT to do it... but should they?". You know, considering the previous administration's actions and the general touting of 'conservative values' and upholding the constitution, it seems those same people have a severe case of JKLOL when it comes to protecting the very rights it guarantees. In the current congress alone, Republicans have proposed at least 42 constitutional amendments. But I digress. The fact is, whether or not you think this center should be built in its proposed location simply does not fucking matter. Whether or not you think your daughter's public school should exclude persons of color does not fucking matter. Whether or not you think a state law should never be overridden by a federal law does not fucking matter. Some might say "If you don't like it then gtfo of my country!". Does dissent matter? Absolutely. But this is not some honest reassessment of the wording of the Bill of Rights. It's already been said ad nauseam: This isn't about the First Amendment. Ok good, then that tells us the only reason this "story" hasn't fucking gone away yet is because it makes conservatives MAD and WANT TO VOTE, and the presence of so much ignorance and ill will toward Muslims generally serves as a catalyst to keep up the "story's"media momentum through the elections.

"But I am getting in touch with my inner pussy liberal and the building of this MOSQUE is so INSENSITIVE to me as a citizen, because that site 2 blocks away from the building is HALLOWED GROUND" you might say. Well, there's the largest and most telling conflation in this entire farce -- the idea that 'they' perpetrated 9/11. The Muslims. Now 'they' want to build their victory mosque!

Uh, hello? THERE IS NO 'THEY'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congressman Nadler (D)
It is only insensitive if you regard Islam as the culprit, as opposed to Al Qaida as the culprit. We were not attacked by all Muslims.

The fact that these people in New York, these citizens who've done NOTHING to earn the ire directed at them but practice a faith that 4/10 US citizens 'don't take kindly to', are still being so nonchalantly equated to suicidal maniacs is fucking disturbing, sad, and not surprising. Fucking pathetic.

And in co-opting the bullshit formulation of the opposition, I ask (rhetorically):

Sure you have the RIGHT to stand up and try to argue for the circumvention of the First Amendment rights of Islamic residents of Manhattan, but wouldn't it be WISER to simply shut the fuck up
?
Old 09-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Fire Giant

Muslims are just as nice as Christians. People are people. Muslims are generally wonderful people. Christians are generally wonderful people.

Muslims can be freakin nutters, and so can Christians. Freakin Nutter Christians generally kill Muslims with expensive, highly accurate weaponry. Freakin Nutter Muslins generally kill Christians with whatever comes to hand (like airplanes). At the end of the day, religion is the root of all evil, and should be eradicated. Until then, let people have their delusions and build their nice little temples if it makes them happy. We can convert them into Payroll Loan shops when the Atheists finally wake up the masses to reality.

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 09-02-2010, 01:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgellan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Muslims are just as nice as Christians. People are people. Muslims are generally wonderful people. Christians are generally wonderful people.

Muslims can be freakin nutters, and so can Christians. Freakin Nutter Christians generally kill Muslims with expensive, highly accurate weaponry. Freakin Nutter Muslins generally kill Christians with whatever comes to hand (like airplanes). At the end of the day, religion is the root of all evil, and should be eradicated. Until then, let people have their delusions and build their nice little temples if it makes them happy. We can convert them into Payroll Loan shops when the Atheists finally wake up the masses to reality.

Regards,
Mg
Thank you, sir.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:52 AM
Banned

I'll be real honest. I think it's more of a selfish want for them NOT to build one there because it offends me.
Not because I had any relatives in the twin towers, not because I hate muslims, not because I hate religion.
You know at work.....when you have a free coffee machine, but that ONE guy keeps pissing in it? It only takes one person to ruin a good thing for everyone.

I noticed you made a pretty little graph earlier.....saying 10000 Al Queda VS billions of Muslims.....

Good question to ask was....how many did it take to kill over 3,000 americans with those planes?

Anyways, I am not a racist or an extreme hill-billy or something.....I just don't really wanna see one built there. I don't like how it's being conducted......but as I said before. They DO have the right to build it there. God bless america =)
Old 09-02-2010, 02:11 AM
Fire Giant

The Crusades anyone?

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Closed Thread