Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Kobold

Tunare was very tame and friendly. The community would get together and make sure the immature douche fags would get banned or at the very least suspended and warned. It was, by far, my favorite community to this day.

Alas, it's gone and now the entire internet is like WoW/b/. Fail.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Fire Giant

I find that really weird, was that server maybe an unofficial RP server or something? Cuz every EQ server I played on was similar to the nameless minus the TWs, and all the EQ people I have encountered in games after that had similar senses of humor.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find that really weird, was that server maybe an unofficial RP server or something? Cuz every EQ server I played on was similar to the nameless minus the TWs, and all the EQ people I have encountered in games after that had similar senses of humor.
Luclin was really not bad at all... the only caveat being that LoS had a monopoly on both lewtz and toolishness. Easily avoided.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:34 AM
Planar Protector

lol, those are hilarious, i think i like the mexican one the most
Old 04-15-2010, 05:41 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

These forums simply need a moderator. My experience in-game is appreciably different than my experience on these forums. Almost everyone is cool in game...even some of the most reprehensible folks from the forums.

It's clear that enforcement of the rules clearly set forth aren't being carried out because the devs don't have time to do it, nor, I will venture, do they want to deal with the liability of disciplining all but the most overt offenses. Or perhaps other reasons which aren't important.

I believe this community is a good enough community to deserve that kind of discipline. Not censorship, but a simple shedding of the chaff.

I think we should choose a moderator, with the devs' blessing, or accept one of their choosing. I believe that moderation's scope ought to be expanded beyond the obvious unnecessary drivel to include posts which promote the server's endangerment, such as blatant mention of torrented clients, and the like.

We cannot expect every follower of p1999 to behave intelligently, therefore it would be wise to extend the free service of moderation to them.

If anyone has thoughts or suggestions of candidates, it might be worth mentioning.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:01 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgement [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's clear that enforcement of the rules clearly set forth aren't being carried out because the devs don't have time to do it, nor, I will venture, do they want to deal with the liability of disciplining all but the most overt offenses. Or perhaps other reasons which aren't important.

We cannot expect every follower of p1999 to behave intelligently, therefore it would be wise to extend the free service of moderation to them.

If anyone has thoughts or suggestions of candidates, it might be worth mentioning.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitatomic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
God I loved that game! Starman and King Slender FTW!!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hearts in the right place.

Buuuuut this is the internet.

I called out a buddy one day saying he was being a huge douche online and he's better than that.

He's still a douche online.

AKA I gave up and so should you =P
This is very true, and I've also had friends who are "normal in person", but completely "the opposite online"....which I could never understand.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 04-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitatomic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin was really not bad at all... the only caveat being that LoS had a monopoly on both lewtz and toolishness. Easily avoided.
Hahaha, you are wrong.

The Luclin boards are where the Barkingturtle persona was forged, and I am easily the most offensive thing ever born of the internets. I am like Tubgirl puking into Goatse while he buttfucks a Down Syndrome baby upon whom's forehead someone has tattooed a swastika.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hahaha, you are wrong.

The Luclin boards are where the Barkingturtle persona was forged, and I am easily the most offensive thing ever born of the internets. I am like Tubgirl puking into Goatse while he buttfucks a Down Syndrome baby upon whom's forehead someone has tattooed a swastika.
1.) Actually I'm pretty sure the post to which I replied wasn't speaking exclusively about server boards; I know I wasn't. People who did that kind of shit in game were shot down. The biggest issue was scamming, which I never fell for anyway.

2.) Avoiding tools is a skill, what can I say.

3.) Down Syndrome and swastikas more or less define my taste in cinema.

Crispin Glover is a lot weird.
Closed Thread