Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 02:38 AM
Fire Giant

I have worked in a gay bar I don't give a fuck about gay men seeing my ass lol. You can just look at this thread though and find plenty of people who would have been offended and tried to kick his ass. Sensitive people.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have worked in a gay bar I don't give a fuck about gay men seeing my ass lol.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-16-2010, 04:24 AM
Fire Giant

If I was ever a gay cartoon I think I'd wanna fuck Fry. Just sayin.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

I'm neither gay nor cartoon and I'd at least tickle his taint a little bit.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Kobold

I see a few people have been banned; I still really think they were missing the point. This shouldn't have to lay on the forum moderators, it's not about restricting speech (although there likely needs to be some sort of precedence set), it's basically just thinking about what you're typing before you post it. You know, being mature, and respectful.

It benefits the reputation of the community and goes a long way towards attracting new members.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see a few people have been banned; I still really think they were missing the point. This shouldn't have to lay on the forum moderators, it's not about restricting speech (although there likely needs to be some sort of precedence set), it's basically just thinking about what you're typing before you post it. You know, being mature, and respectful.

It benefits the reputation of the community and goes a long way towards attracting new members.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 04-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still really think they were missing the point.
There are still folks around who yearn for them Confederate glory days. Missing the point is second nature to some people, and there just comes a point where it's not worth it to keep trying. Internets often exacerbate this.

Quote:
This shouldn't have to lay on the forum moderators
I dunno, whatever responsibilities they are down for having is their business. Actually I had my own ideas for a solution, but the more important issue is making sure what was already decided in the way of community norms is being respected.

Quote:
it's not about restricting speech
Well yeah actually, restricting speech is exactly what it's about. If you're lawful, the one doing the restricting is you, and if not it's someone who has authority over you. Ideally, positive liberty is the way to go. The liberty TO manage your own speech ("You have the right to remain silent...") and decide what is and is not appropriate based on a given set of guidelines. Negative liberty is the reason for negative consequence, granting the lawful among us freedom FROM guideline infractions.

Judging from your phrasing I can assume you are also from the US, as we tend to hold a peculiar notion of the issue of "free speech" compared to other folks. Generally speaking you can say most anything UNLESS: 1) it falls under hate speech 2) it is either meant OR likely to incite violence ("fighting words").

Or of course, 3) it is deemed by the folks who run their own private server/online community, in which you are allowed to take part, to be worthy of banhammaz or other pwning mechanisms.

Quote:
it's basically just thinking about what you're typing before you post it. You know, being mature, and respectful.
For those of us (read: most of us) who can handle such a monumental and challenging feat.

Quote:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Aviak

so it's ok to insult confederates now? so confused
Old 04-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordachai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so it's ok to insult confederates now? so confused
IF you can prove that confederates are a currently viable political force, then by all means, please consider using the following to call me out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog
Racial, sexual, homophobic, ageist, religious, political, ethnic, or other epithets (such as against people with disabilities) are not allowed.

If you're simply trolling for shits and giggles, I kindly invite you to make with the STFU.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Aviak

no i wasn't trolling and i'm really not going to get involved in a bunch of e-peen waving with you, thanks.

but pretty much insulting the heritage of a lot of folks (whether or not that heritage had misguided intentions in the past is irrelevant) pretty much comes across as painting you as a holier-than-thou person who can tear down the 'ignorant southerners' because we don't know any better anyway.

so to sum up in the language you seem to prefer now... shut the fuck up and i don't need a youtube video to say it for me.
Closed Thread