Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Viable has nothing to do with whether or not a belief is political or not, the green party is fucking worthless but Nader run's every year and viable or not, its still a completely valid political belief. And the term "Hate speech" is misleading because ultimately it is protected under the constitution. As long as it doesnt impose a "clear and present danger" its pretty much free speech, to elaborate words that "by their very nature, involve danger to the public peace and to the security of the state" are also punishable, however when from small groups this is overlooked. And ultimately hate speech doesn't "usually" call for action and is usually just rhetoric so there is often no recourse.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Aviak

E-peen waving is not possible as mine crusted over and fell off years ago.

Basically: Leave your idea of heritage not being properly venerated and whatnot at the door. I guess I put too much confidence in all potential readers to fully understand my analogy without getting emotional. Allow me to spell it out for you, sans drama, just the facts.

The Confederate States of America...

*Known predominantly for fighting to preserve the practice of slavery

*Lost the civil war

*Wound up on the wrong side of history

Let's assume that we all understand that the CSA was dissolved MORE THAN A CENTURY AGO. Let's also assume that "the glory days" MUST have existed prior to its dissolution. Assuming all of this (which is safe to do, because they are things called "facts"), the glory days were the days of slavery.

Missing the point of the Union's success and subsequent emancipation serves as a reminder that some people are just always going to miss the point.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitatomic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
E-peen waving is not possible as mine crusted over and fell off years ago.

Basically: Leave your idea of heritage not being properly venerated and whatnot at the door. I guess I put too much confidence in all potential readers to fully understand my analogy without getting emotional. Allow me to spell it out for you, sans drama, just the facts.

The Confederate States of America...

*Known predominantly for fighting to preserve the practice of slavery

*Lost the civil war

*Wound up on the wrong side of history

Let's assume that we all understand that the CSA was dissolved MORE THAN A CENTURY AGO. Let's also assume that "the glory days" MUST have existed prior to its dissolution. Assuming all of this (which is safe to do, because they are things called "facts"), the glory days were the days of slavery.

Missing the point of the Union's success and subsequent emancipation serves as a reminder that some people are just always going to miss the point.
Common misnomer, Slavery was not the main issue when it came down to it, it just happened to be one of the most important once History was written. It was mainly about states rights. As most know we had a union that had so LITTLE federal government, it fell apart and the the size had to increase enough to stabilize it as a whole, and the confederates opposed this.

I'm not saying slavery was not an issue, but when people call it out as the huge single issue of the Civil war I kinda laugh because its absolutely wrong, especially when you finally read into things, beyond a public school education.

Also the CSA being disolved has nothing to do with them being viable as I said, the tenets of an organization can live on, and the independence, liberty and self governance that the CSA initially stood for, lives on in both of our main political parties today, some more than others.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know, being mature, and respectful.
Hold the fuck on. This is the flames and rants section, right? I mean, this is the section of the board where we quarantine the most toxic of posts so they don't infect the pure gold that gets posted everywhere else, correct?

See, I'm not sure what folks are doing here if they don't want to read and respond to posts that are vitriolic in nature. Honestly, dipshits, what's the point of having an F&R section if we're limited to civilized, impersonal debate? Just consolidate it all into Off-Topic. This is the part of the board where I should be able to question your dad's sexuality, suggest your mother performs fellatio for narcotics, recommend various methods for you to end your life, allude to the fact that you're a pedophile, etc etc.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyronix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Viable has nothing to do with whether or not a belief is political or not, the green party is fucking worthless but Nader run's every year and viable or not, its still a completely valid political belief. And the term "Hate speech" is misleading because ultimately it is protected under the constitution. As long as it doesnt impose a "clear and present danger" its pretty much free speech, to elaborate words that "by their very nature, involve danger to the public peace and to the security of the state" are also punishable, however when from small groups this is overlooked. And ultimately hate speech doesn't "usually" call for action and is usually just rhetoric so there is often no recourse.

This isn't all that bad for taking a stab in the dark. Kudos to you for arguing about the "Letter vs. Spirit" doctrines without even knowing what they are!

Unfortunately for you though, most of this was either yanked from the wikis, the googles, or your asshole (or all three?)

CHECK: Correct, viability has makes no difference there, kudos again! It was a rhetorical challenge, because I was referencing centuries-old politics anyway. If you think nilbog includes "150yr old political entities" in his concept of what entails protected political subjects, you sir... are a tool. Oh, and - FUCK THE WHIGS!!!

MATE: Hate speech IS NOT something that private institutions are willing to split hairs on. Sure, it's not codified, you are legally able to stand on the sidewalk spewing bigoted nonsense *until* you are eventually cited for any number of other minor infractions at any rate. Shit like that happens all of the time (car searches anyone?). The moment you go to work, to school, to the store, or P99 for that matter, things change. Go ahead and try to file suit against your employer when you're fired for spouting racial epithets all day at work citing your first amendment rights. /popcorn
Old 04-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyronix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[insert "Tea Party" talking points here]
Cool, so basically you have nothing to call me out on and you just want a venue to decry the injustices done to the good citizens of the CSA, and like, slavery wasn't that big a deal.

Keep posting and let's just pretend that I actually reply.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitatomic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FUCK THE WHIGS!!!
Edmund Burke is rolling in his grave at you, SIR.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hold the fuck on. This is the flames and rants section, right? I mean, this is the section of the board where we quarantine the most toxic of posts so they don't infect the pure gold that gets posted everywhere else, correct?
You joined late, so I forgive you this one post.

You see... my first post, originally in Server Chat, was shitted up by the very Barkingturtle-like personas who love spewing that signature RnF quality rectal gold, hence the move. Now that it's floating in the abyssal depths of regurgitated newbie scrotum, new posters act accordingly. One of the many ironies to be found in this thread.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
CHECK: Correct, viability has makes no difference there, kudos again! It was a rhetorical challenge, because I was referencing centuries-old politics anyway. If you think nilbog includes "150yr old political entities" in his concept of what entails protected political subjects, you sir... are a tool. Oh, and - FUCK THE WHIGS!!!
Its not the entities, its the values held. And you are right that nilbog does not include the "150yr old political entity" but they still held certain political values that are incredibly relevant today, and I was pointing out that you were basically pissing and moaning but than poking fun or defaming a political belief that is not your own (I assume) so you are ok with it. So talk about missing the point...

Quote:
MATE: Hate speech IS NOT something that private institutions are willing to split hairs on. Sure, it's not codified, you are legally able to stand on the sidewalk spewing bigoted nonsense *until* you are eventually cited for any number of other minor infractions at any rate. Shit like that happens all of the time (car searches anyone?). The moment you go to work, to school, to the store, or P99 for that matter, things change. Go ahead and try to file suit against your employer when you're fired for spouting racial epithets all day at work citing your first amendment rights. /popcorn
No they don't put up with that shit, and having been in private sector, its because of liability and public image. Once it does go over the line the employer is the party responsible regardless of who was spouting it. And you agree to not do those things based on your contract of employment or suffer the consequences, often times termination. So yes things change and as P99 is owned by a private party, there are terms that must be followed to participate. I'm not saying I should be able to run around and shout fag all over the zones and tell everyone to go screw a goat, I in fact agreed with your postings for the most part, but you talk like such a high horsed douche bag it gets annoying.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
you talk like such a high horsed douche bag it gets annoying.
Oh, the humanity!

a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.